Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this 300C this past week. I had to do something to it lol. Here are the pics. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Wow, those look nice and bright! I have no idea why I keep putting this off!

Reactions: Topmotorsports

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just what i want on a date with a chick, super bright lights like bright sunshine. nothing romantic about that.
?
she questionable looking where you don't want light to see her or you keep the lights on when messing around in the car? LOL j/k

Reactions: Topmotorsports

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what lights were u able to switch out? were the lights above your shifter able to be switched out? like the map lights?
There are a set in the top console that I didnt change. They are small leds on a motherboard. I didnt want to attempt changing them. I was able to replace the set that are in the top console that are push in bulbs. I changed those out and the ones by the top handles in the back. I also changed the ones under the door panels and glove box.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Looks good. But I know they are always brighter than they even look in pics. So I can't imagine how bright they must be since they are CREE's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Map Lights

So I had the same issue with my 2013 300c. I changed out all my bulbs besides the reading lamps up front because the two are on a circuit board. i was think of maybe asking the dealer if they can change them out. Does it look bad having to yellow lights and two clear lights up there? I also replaced my License plate lights and they were first a pain to get out and also the new LED lights were too long and would not secure back into the plastic housing. I ended up pushing them in as far as I could and then wrapped electrical tape really good around it to secure it in. The one part I love the most is the lights under each door, they really make the ground glow when the door is open.

John
Maryland, US

·
Registered
632 Posts
I really like the exterior LED puddle lights. Looks great! However, is it just me or are the interior lights too bright? Could be too bright at night?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
189 Posts
I can confirm that Sylvania LED's the size for the license plate light do fit perfect without cutting the base. I had issues when i ordered LED's for the license plate on my car before.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just did some of the lights (4 puddle lights and trunk lights). I am having trouble with the inside ones. I'm afraid to pull the plastic covers on the set above the shifter. i get the back of it down but it only drops an inch or so, and the other side feels solidly in there, like i'm going to break it off. also can't figure out how to get the covers opened on the rear lights in the "oh sh!t" handles lol. and my license plate lights already look like LED so maybe that got changed for 2015? or i'm just seeing things.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Greyghost, the map lights are a little of a pain to get off but they will come off with some force. Inside there is an aluminum cover that needs to come off, I bent mine so I kept them off. Don't waste your time. One light can be changed to the 194 bulb but the other is a led attached to a board which cannot be removed. It will not look good with white led bulbs and the other is the yellow led board. The lights in the back by the handle are easy to comes off, just use more pressure to pull them out near that pin hole. I changed all of them except those front map lights in my 300c John varvatos...

·
Registered
54 Posts
well i'm a little bummed to hear that. i wanted to swap them all. i don't think i want to swap the back if i'm not doing the front.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i did the rear seats today. tried to do the glove box and it didn't work. there's not enough power i think. they just sort of flicker very dimly. i don't know if i want the rears in there now if i can't do the fronts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The overhead console is held together by four metal clips, once you pop them off (use a hard plastic pry bar type of tool) and detach the wire clip the bulbs come out by twisting the bulb housing. I did mine (2012 300S) and it's much easier then taking the plastic lense cover off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts