Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2014 chrysler 300c v6 with 171k miles on it. It has a stock security system. Yesterday I parked my car on my driveway after coming home from work. And after about an hour my car alarm started on its own. I pressed unlock and lock keys to shut it down and kept key infront of me to see if it does again and after 5 minutes it started again. I tried leaving all car doors unlocked , so it locks on it's own and after minutes starts honking. I tried with all car doors locked, still the same. It has a sign saying remote start disabled. It runs fine, no issues or signs while running.
This Happened about 6 7 times , then atlast I just removed the negative terminal of battery.
What could be the REASONS for this? Is it expensive to fix the issue ?

·
Registered
250 Posts
This has been reported a number of times over the years. It is very probably an insect or fly setting off the alarm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to mechanic and he said it didn't do anything . Today I come home after an hour it started again. I was checking the sensor on hood latch. Cleaned it. But I did hear a very low beeping sound. That was unusual. Would a bad relay do something like this ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts