Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went and test drove the '14 Jeep SRT today. Nice ride. The seats weren't as comfortable as mine are but otherwise the tech is impressive. The sepia upgrade seats were a bit more comfortable (still not as much as mine) but I didn't care of the color. Sticker price is ouch. :pat: Looking to swap out my 07 C-SRT8 for something that doesn't require me to borrow the wife's ride in the winter :) Also considering one of the Audis in car version if I can't make the jump to an SUV. Anyone here have any opinions on the 14 Jeeps? New 8 speed tranny and 8.4 NAV are nice. Mileage will be even worse but it's an SRT, not buying for mileage.

·
Registered
256 Posts
So I went and test drove the '14 Jeep SRT today. Nice ride. The seats weren't as comfortable as mine are but otherwise the tech is impressive. The sepia upgrade seats were a bit more comfortable (still not as much as mine) but I didn't care of the color. Sticker price is ouch. :pat: Looking to swap out my 07 C-SRT8 for something that doesn't require me to borrow the wife's ride in the winter :) Also considering one of the Audis in car version if I can't make the jump to an SUV. Anyone here have any opinions on the 14 Jeeps? New 8 speed tranny and 8.4 NAV are nice. Mileage will be even worse but it's an SRT, not buying for mileage.
MrHappy,

The SRT Grand Cherokee is a beast. Not only are you able to enjoy the pure power produced by the 6.4 Hemi, the SRT also includes the Quadra-Trac II active on demand 4WD system. This allows for safe driving and the ability to enjoy the ride all year long.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure what Mr Chrysler has read/been told, but there's no active "on-demand" 4wd. Rather, AWD always on, but in different front/rear power ratios depending on drive style selected.
I'd happily give Therealfleen's spleen for a 2wd "happy switch", but it ain't there.

You have track mode, for...well, pretty well that. Suspension very firm, transmission shifts higher and firmer, traction control disabled and, if I'm not mistaken, 70/30 rear/front power distribution etc.

Sport mode; Firmer suspension than "auto, but not as stiff as track. Not sure about the power split, maybe the same as "Track", partially disabled traction control...

Auto mode; 60/40 split, nice ride, full traction control....

Snow: 50/50 split, starts in 2nd gear. Not sure what happens to the suspension...

Tow: Higher shift points, not sure what happens to the suspension

I love mine, no doubt. No regrets. Combined gas mileage is about 14mpg according to the EVIC, but like Mr Happy stated; You don't buy an SRT and then whine about poor mileage.

And with the addition of a Borla S? Oh---My---God (in my best *** voice).

Little children run screaming to their mommies. Old ladies clutch their hearts, old men shake their canes angrily as I blast by *grin*

EDIT: Yes, the seats suck (for some people). My left under-thigh is annoyed by the too-firm bolster on the left side of the seat base.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts