Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can u swap a 2019 headunit to a 2014 is it plug and play or do u need to swap the wires harness too?.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Y if the wires r the same
That's just one of the problems. The wiring harnesses are not the same. The radio itself is dramatically different, with the 2019 being in one svelte piece with the touchscreen up front. The 2014 was a two piece affair with display separate from the main gargantuan unit (packaging air!) behind the environmental controls. The radio also has to communicate with other modules in the car. Did you know our 300's have 4 count them FOUR data buses?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't know that I thought 2011 to 2019 where the same .just without some features n stuff

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I didn't know that I thought 2011 to 2019 where the same .just without some features n stuff
The 2011 through 2014 radios had the same form factor and wiring hanesses. We know this because people used to swap them around all the time, and only had issues getting the car configuration to match. 2015 saw the introduction of a new form factor and wiring harnesses. Grand Cherokees got the new radio a year earlier than 300's.

We also had an amazing fellow start a thread entitled "Hacking this computer on wheels", or something like that. He plugged in a Raspberry Pi, sniffed out the data traffic, and reverse engineered the packets flying back and forth between modules. We really haven't seen the same level of expertise around here that we did back then.

So, I have no confidence I know much about the radios since then, other than as a user of my 2020 Uconnect 4C.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts