Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if someone has posted this somewhere else, but after searching I could not find any real information.

I have a 2015 300C with the factory alpine 6 speaker system and I HATE it. I have been searching for any information about how to replace/bypass the factory amp but still use the factory head unit with no luck. I bought this brand new in 2015.

I have been to 2 of the best car audio shops in my area and they both quoted a price around $3000 - $5000 depending on what level components I want. This is for a custom built in woofer, new speakers and wiring and a DSP to be able to fix what Chrysler has done to their sound systems.

This is a bit much for me to spend and I am looking for any information on how to do this myself. Mostly on how to bypass the amp and install my own DSP. After doing that the rest would be easy.

I will need the wire diagram for this year car and how to hook up the DSP.

I have installed new sound systems in every vehicle I have owned in the past. This is the first one that has stumped me. If I had known how hard it is to replace the system I would not have bought this car. When I was test driving it, I thought to myself, well I can always upgrade it later. :( 2 years later and I still have not done it. I am getting desperate now. Thinking about getting a new car so I can get a good sounding system. Other than the sound system I LOVE the car.

Anyone??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply, but %98 of the posts have to do with older pre 2015 systems. From what I have found out 2015 changed everything.
I'm pretty sure just replacing my speakers would not give me the sound I want, that's why I wanted a DSP installed.

Has anyone here done this yet?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
2015 didn't change the parts that you are considering replacing. The 2015 head unit and interface is very different from previous years, that is true. But downstream didn't change much.
There's an amp up front on the drivers side that drives the speakers. The amp basically is responsible for the EQ designed to make the best of the poor OEM speakers. The speaker sizes and locations didn't change with the 2015.

I don't find it out of line the quote that you were given, assuming they included adding a DSP, amps for the speakers, new speakers, a sub and custom enclosure for a sub. I do think they may have overplayed the need for the DSP. The system has a loudness curve that most OEM systems have. If you can get a LOC with summing capability (AudioControl for example), you may be ok.

I wouldn't just dismiss the other posts out of hand because they refer to the older system. You can refer to the thread mentioned by phunter1947, but with the knowledge that the C2A-CHY5 is not compatible with your car. All of the speaker and amp discussion still applies to your car.

Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: Brian Weckerly

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I found a way to completely the factory amp. I used the Kenwood Excelon XR600-6DSP and the iDatalink Maestro AR Amplifier Replacement Module.
These 2 items work together to bypass the factory amp but still allow all the factory alarms, voice, navigation and so forth.

I bought everything from Crutchfield along with some Infinity reference series 6x9s and a pair of Infinity 1 inch tweeters for the dash. I also bought a Pioneer 10 inch sub in a sealed enclosure hooked to a Rockford mono amp.

These took me many hours to connect, making sure all wiring was well placed and hidden.

My ride now sounds fantastic!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I found a way to completely the factory amp. I used the Kenwood Excelon XR600-6DSP and the iDatalink Maestro AR Amplifier Replacement Module.
These 2 items work together to bypass the factory amp but still allow all the factory alarms, voice, navigation and so forth.

I bought everything from Crutchfield along with some Infinity reference series 6x9s and a pair of Infinity 1 inch tweeters for the dash. I also bought a Pioneer 10 inch sub in a sealed enclosure hooked to a Rockford mono amp.

These took me many hours to connect, making sure all wiring was well placed and hidden.

My ride now sounds fantastic!
I have a 2016 chrysler 300c alpine system I bought a lc7i with this work if so can anyone shoot me some info thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts