Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
913 Posts
I like both of them !

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Very disappointing Charger. I do not like the front at all. Maybe if the large bar between the upper and lower grills was red. Maybe. I would like to see it in black.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I like the front...shocking at first glance...wow! The rear, by comparison, is derivative/evolutionary. Overall, very nice though.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
The Challenger looks ok, although I think the current one in SRT trim looks better. The Shaker Hood is pretty cool though. Got to say the '71 Challenger in the back of the first photo blows them all away. Wouldn't it be great to have that skin on the new one?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Don't love the charger, but the challenger...that's sweet! That shaker has got to be badass!

Thanks for the post B-nug!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not sure I'm diggin' the Darger.

Never really cared for the Chargers though, although the SRTs ain't bad.

As for the Challengers...one day maybe.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Oh, and maybe a bit odd that a non-SRT Challenger is basically going to be at the same level as the 300/Charger SRT. I'm guessing they will be a similar cost though, and then we will get the next tier Hellcat SRT Challenger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Front is well done. I am not fan of uni-taillight across the entire trunk innovation on Dodges. It is not specific to Charger. I would have preferred them as is excluding transition into line across the top of trunk lid.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
What is wrong with you guys??

The Charger straight up sucks!

The Challenger looks much better than the Charger but as mentioned, not that big of a change.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The Charger front end reminds me of the Avenger or other crappy lower model Dodge. Weaaaaak!

Reactions: Ed G

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I with Sodak, I don't prefer the Previous Chargers either. This one I Love, and would take it over a 2nd Gen 300. IDK what a 3rd gen 300 would look like so I wont compare. I know everyone says it looks like a bigger Dart, but lets get it straight this is Dodges style now. The Avenger didn't look much different from a Charger. The Dart and 200 are becoming the flagship vehicles for their brands, I am guessing because of the lower prices. I know everyone as well hates the Charger being a 4 door, but it was a sales strategy and it has worked, who cares what they call it. The 70s are over lets move on, Chrysler wont make 2 Coupes to compete with each other in the same brand. A 2 door Charger is out.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Sorry guys but i dont have a 1st gen or second gen charger and never will..i hate the way they look.. but this one i do like .. very much.
I with Sodak, I don't prefer the Previous Chargers either. This one I Love, and would take it over a 2nd Gen 300. IDK what a 3rd gen 300 would look like so I wont compare. I know everyone says it looks like a bigger Dart, but lets get it straight this is Dodges style now. The Avenger didn't look much different from a Charger. The Dart and 200 are becoming the flagship vehicles for their brands, I am guessing because of the lower prices. I know everyone as well hates the Charger being a 4 door, but it was a sales strategy and it has worked, who cares what they call it. The 70s are over lets move on, Chrysler wont make 2 Coupes to compete with each other in the same brand. A 2 door Charger is out.
Sorry but I am just a bit surprised you guys would prefer this thing over the previous models. Especially since you guys own a 1st gen SRT8 300 that has aggressive kickass all over the front of the car and that applies for the 1st and 2nd gen Chargers but this new Charger screams I'm a push over lol

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree, it is a bit of a pushover....but I think Chrysler is more concerned with a majority of sales. While we all love the shout out designs of the earlier models I would say the majority of the buyers don't. I still think the Charger has a bit of scream to it but yeah its not nearly as aggressive

·
Registered
618 Posts
With sales of the Challenger stronger than ever, I'm not surprised at only minor design tweaks for '15. With the Charger, I'll wait until I see one in the flesh before passing judgement.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
I agree, it is a bit of a pushover....but I think Chrysler is more concerned with a majority of sales. While we all love the shout out designs of the earlier models I would say the majority of the buyers don't. I still think the Charger has a bit of scream to it but yeah its not nearly as aggressive
Good point...I keep forgetting that it has a pretty strong Fiat influence in it now. Guess it could be worse :dead1:

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
Sorry but I am just a bit surprised you guys would prefer this thing over the previous models. Especially since you guys own a 1st gen SRT8 300 that has aggressive kickass all over the front of the car and that applies for the 1st and 2nd gen Chargers but this new Charger screams I'm a push over lol
1st off..I LOVE my 1st gen 300.. and it ain't going anywhere.. 2nd this is the R/T not srt.. it will be interesting to see that look..And you guys say it looks week.. i disagree i think it looks mean as hell.. the lights remind me of the 08 magnum. and i do remember this board and a couple others that mas moaning and groaning last time too. like they say to each your own, if everyone like the same thing it would be a priuse type of world.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would say,
I love the front end of challenger but the rear end is just so simple..

Charger looks like a dart and lost all of its aggressiveness.RIP. They almost copy pasted the rear end of dart..

And interior of both is not even close to the new 200. Which makes me ask WHY since charger and challenger is better than a 200 :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts