Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a new 2015 Chrysler 300C with the Lane Keep Assist feature. It is really cool. However the safety bots have made sure that if I take my hands off the wheel for more than maybe 10 seconds, it starts to beep at me, and in about another 10 seconds turns off the Lane Keep Assist entirely, forcing me to re-engage the button on the dash.

My question is this: Is there a way to change or even disable the automatic timeout for the Lane Keep Assist? Because sometimes it beeps at me when I am going down a straight road, with my hands on the wheel, because I believe the system looks for tiny corrections to the steering in order to determine if you are touching the steering wheel.

This is a very new feature, but hopefully you guys have some magic tricks to get this thing adjusted.

Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yup - keep your hands on the wheel - at least one.
Sort of like asking "is it ok to text on the phone as long as I'm in cruise control?"
Jeeze!

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
The only options in the controls is three levels of what I interpret as "aggressiveness" in terms of keeping to the lane... low, med, and high. And it matters not if you hand is on the wheel because it will vibrate and "steer back" regardless. The first time this happened to us, it was unnerving, and we decided we don't like that feature. So we leave it OFF most of the time.

I did allow it to try to auto-drive for a bit, but found the oversteer to be excessive... and then of course the warning display, beeps and etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts