Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

181 - 193 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've seen a handful of threads about HID swap's in 300's - but not many for the 2015 model year. Thought it'd be a good idea to get a single thread going just for this model year - since I've seen a few reports of issues.

Please only chime in on this thread if you have experience with the swap on a 2015 300 only - thanks!

I have a 2015 300C with Halogen projectors.

I've ordered the Mopar Lowbeam kit from The Retrofit Source. This includes the relay harness with the capacitor link. Bulbs are 9012's and, because they have the "dust cap" (aka "internal") I will need to drill out a hole & use the pass-through connector.

I haven't done my install yet - but plan to this weekend. I know I've seen a few mentions of problems encountered - so hoping these are isolated incidents and not some sort of "issue" new to the 2015 model year 300.

In particular, user JROD696 - he used an HID kit from Third Gear Performance. He had random flickers on his 2015 300S - and the bulb eventually shut off. He returned them for a refund & then went the LED route & experienced the same issue. He's now waiting on some sort of "gen 2 ballast" that he was told should fix the problem.

User Pawelpuczko had a 9006 HID kit installed at a shop - and after 1 day - they wouldn't turn on. So he had them remove the kit.

Anyone else have any experience in HID changeout on a 2015 300? Please post who you got your kit from and what the results were. Thanks!
2015 Chrysler 300 limited , i recently just purchased 6k hi and low beam w/ 55w ballast hids for my car . when i hooked them up and opened the door they turned on just fine so i figured they were good to go after mounting the ballasts. As soon as i turned my car on they shut off with no indicator light, i was "butt hurt" to say the least . they continued to turn on and immediately shut off in about ten second intervals, i had to remove the set up and reinstall the factory halogen bulbs. i contacted my local dodge Chrysler jeep and spoke to one of the technicians, he told me that in many cases the oem lighting harness on the halogen bulb set up simply cannot support the power necessary to power the after market 55w ballast set-up , and said maybe i could try some sort of relay harness to correct the issue, seeing how my set up didnt come with a relay harness, im stuck in my tracks.i dont know if this helped anyone, or possibly anybody has a for sure guarantee "fix" for this issue PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have any testing results with the 2017s yet? I want to assume the 2015/2016 kits will work just fine, but honestly I don't want to even bother with something that might not work straight out of the box.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Do you have any testing results with the 2017s yet? I want to assume the 2015/2016 kits will work just fine, but honestly I don't want to even bother with something that might not work straight out of the box.
The Xtreme HID kit with the PWM anti-flicker module will work without any issues with 2017 vehicles as well.

Steve question for you please. I am assuming these "2015" kits will also work in the older (i.e. 2013/14) Gen 2 cars which have the same light fittings and also use the 9012 halogen bulbs as stock - is my assumption right?
We do have vehicle specific kits for 2013-2014 as well but they are basically the same kit minus the bulbs being different (if that's the case).

Just use our shop by vehicle lighting guide to see what we have available, you can find the vehicle specific kits at the bottom of the vehicle lighting page:

XenonDepot | HID Kits and LED Lighting by Vehicle | Lamp Replacement Guide

Thanks,
Danny

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just installed the XenonDepot kit today. Everything seems to work fine, but I'm wondering if I have the bulbs in upside down as described earlier in this thread. Does a tab need to be trimmed on the 2015 300 specific kit? Will try to get a pic when it gets dark, but I think I see a dark line in the beam pattern.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just installed the XenonDepot kit today. Everything seems to work fine, but I'm wondering if I have the bulbs in upside down as described earlier in this thread. Does a tab need to be trimmed on the 2015 300 specific kit? Will try to get a pic when it gets dark, but I think I see a dark line in the beam pattern.
Normally, you do not have to but if one or both of your projectors is causing a return wire shadow issue with the HID bulbs installed then yes some modification may be required to fix this issue.

Are you seeing it on both headlights?

Danny

·
Registered
16 Posts
Normally, you do not have to but if one or both of your projectors is causing a return wire shadow issue with the HID bulbs installed then yes some modification may be required to fix this issue.

Are you seeing it on both headlights?

Danny
Hey Danny, thanks for the response - yes, seeing it in both headlights. Is it as simple as trimming the tab and turning the bulb to a different position?
thanks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey Danny, thanks for the response - yes, seeing it in both headlights. Is it as simple as trimming the tab and turning the bulb to a different position?
thanks!
Since you have the 9012 bulbs, you can actually insert them in a different position without trimming any of the tabs. I would try that first. If that does not work, then you would need to trim one of the tabs so that the return wire ends up on the opposite side.

Thanks,
Danny

·
Registered
776 Posts
Have you seen my retrofit thread ? (Too much to read through here) I retrofitted 3" FX-R 3.0 projectors in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since you have the 9012 bulbs, you can actually insert them in a different position without trimming any of the tabs. I would try that first. If that does not work, then you would need to trim one of the tabs so that the return wire ends up on the opposite side.

Thanks,
Danny
I trimmed the tab, but I'm not certain I actually needed to. Turned them and re-installed. Love love love these! Beam pattern is great now - no issues with flickering or codes either.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I trimmed the tab, but I'm not certain I actually needed to. Turned them and re-installed. Love love love these! Beam pattern is great now - no issues with flickering or codes either.
Awesome! Glad to hear everything is working without any issues! Enjoy the lights :)

If you get a chance to take any pictures, feel free to share them!

Danny

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread has blessed me so! I dont know why I didnt look here before I ordered my LEDs. I've had nothing but issues with them! Flickering, going off completely...
I have since contacted Diode Dynamics and am awaiting my HID order. Glad to see they are working for everyone else! Can't wait to install these!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
This thread has blessed me so! I dont know why I didnt look here before I ordered my LEDs. I've had nothing but issues with them! Flickering, going off completely...
I have since contacted Diode Dynamics and am awaiting my HID order. Glad to see they are working for everyone else! Can't wait to install these!!
Thank you for your support! Be sure to let us know what you think!
-Collin

181 - 193 of 191 Posts