Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

161 - 178 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just installed XenonDepot's 9012 LED HEADLIGHT KIT and PWM HID KIT MODULE in my 2015 300S. They've been on for about 15 minutes and I've turned everything off and on a few times - no cutting out or flashing. So far, that's already better than the previous 3 HID & LED systems I've tried. One thing I did notice was that the "flexible weave cloth heat-sink" gets really hot, I'm concerned it may melt the wires in the housing after a while. Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
@XenonDepot

Hey I just received my Xtreme HID kit with the PWM module. My question now is do I still need to use the harness that has to be connected to the battery and ground or just connect the module and everything else and plug it into the car harness and that's it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
@TravizP -

No, you do not need to use the relay harness included with your order; you would just need to hook up the PWM module as per this picture:

http://www.artoflightindustries.com/xd/images/hid-pwm-install.png

You will notice that the PWM module has +/- negative markings on the input. You need to make sure that the polarity is oriented correctly when plugging into your OE wiring (i.e.: positive is going to positive, and negative is going to negative). You will to damage anything if you plug the components in backwards (polarity protection), however the light won't turn on.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
@TravizP -

No, you do not need to use the relay harness included with your order; you would just need to hook up the PWM module as per this picture:

http://www.artoflightindustries.com/xd/images/hid-pwm-install.png

You will notice that the PWM module has +/- negative markings on the input. You need to make sure that the polarity is oriented correctly when plugging into your OE wiring (i.e.: positive is going to positive, and negative is going to negative). You will to damage anything if you plug the components in backwards (polarity protection), however the light won't turn on.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Steve

Thanks a lot as soon as I get off of work im going to install them and post some pics. I also got the white LED for the Blinkers but I haven't seen those come in yet but when they do I'll send those pics also.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
@XenonDepot

When you install the bulb does it sit straight down or a little to the side? Mine is sitting a little to the side but it snapped in place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was really excited that the XenonDepot 9012 LED HEADLIGHT KIT was the first LED or HID kit to actually work in my 2015 300S – but it’s not for me. While they’re amazing to look at, matching the LED DRLs & fogs, they’re not good at all on the road. Drove with them the past two nights and got overpowered by regular halogens around me. I had to turn on my stock LED fog lights to compensate. I put a SilverStar zXe back in on one side and it provided more light than the LED bulb did. Also, when removing the LED, the mesh heat sync was so hot it nearly burnt my fingers. There’s no way that won’t create an issue after time. Emailed them today regarding a return. Going to see if I can swap for their HID kit.

·
Registered
248 Posts
@bmdcs - I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with the light output, although I'm happy to hear that you can report that there were no error codes :)

We've been selling these LED bulbs for close to 2 years, and I can assure you that I've never had them damage anything -- as long as the heatsinks are fanned out properly.

I just sent you a PM to discuss upgrading to HID.

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awhile back I had the issue of lights shutting off and went back to the stock bulbs. Decided to try again and gave the XenonDepot 2015 Chrysler 300 HID kit a go. There is no relay with this setup, just the bulb, ballast and PWM module. I am happy to say it works perfectly in my 15 300C now. No error codes, lights function correctly in all modes and most importantly they stay on. I went with the Philips 4300K bulbs and they are a pretty close match to the factory LED DRLs on the headlights. These bulbs will gradually get a bit whiter after around 100 hours. (About 4700K according to XenonDepot) If you want to match the LED fogs you would probably need to go with 6000K tho IMHO. Here is a day shot and night shot to give you a better idea how it looks.

They are bright and provide a great beam pattern. Really a HUGE improvement in looks and function of the stock halogen bulbs!

·
Registered
248 Posts
@PMP600 -

Thank you you so much for taking the time to post up some feedback! To clarify for everyone, PMP600 initially got our beta PWM modules -- which obviously did not work in this application. The modules he installed now have been around for a good 2 months and work -- as you can see :)

Thanks for taking the time to install the lights again PMP600, and I'm glad that you're happy with the light output.

Enjoy your new 2015 300 SPECIFIC HID kit.

Regards,

Steve

161 - 178 of 191 Posts