Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I just bought a 2017 Chrysler 300 and I have an annoying clicking/flickering sound when car is on or off behind the steering wheel. It sounds like it is coming from the gauges area any ideas what could be causing this? The noise doesn’t have any rhythm to it either.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Welcome. Hopefully, some of our helpful folks will be along to assist you as I haven’t run across this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys so I just bought a 2017 Chrysler 300 and I have an annoying clicking/flickering sound when car is on or off behind the steering wheel. It sounds like it is coming from the gauges area any ideas what could be causing this? The noise doesn’t have any rhythm to it either.
is it definitely in the cockpit? Or coming from outside? I had similar on an older model and it turned out to be a bit of vibrating plastic trim. Traced it by placing my hand on various spots and bits of trim etc until it stopped. Stuck some furniture floor pads behind the bit that made the noise and job done.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Is this clicking very loud? It might be the hvac system blend doors. Does the sound change as you select different settings for where the air come out? Upper vents, defrost, floor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Definitely the hvac blend doors. Happened off and in with my 2012 until it became too annoying to deal with so I took it in to fix.
Check some YouTube videos to confirm the sounds. Most likely that’s what it is.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Could be blend doors or may be noise from the fuel system priming or shutting down. Usually goes on for about 5-6 secs after turning off the engine. Similar with the blend doors. There is a very small rack and pinion that can sometime strip teeth. The motor is designed to move a certain number of rotations and stop it does not detect where the flap is so if the gear are stripped it just keep turning until it 'thinks' it is where it should be....all the while making a lovely ticking noise. Thev blend doors can be replaced easily enough but they need to be zeroed using a diagnostic tool.

·
Registered
2016 300s
9 Posts
I kinda have the same issue but it sounds like it’s coming more from my center dash. It’s almost like heat/ac automatically clicking on off but it’s super loud almost like plastic snapping.

·
Registered
624 Posts
^^^plastic snapping...that is definitely blend doors...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Its an hvac thing...the blend doors (experts out there, correct me if I am wrong) rotate to change air flow from the higher “face” vents to the lower footwell vents or to the base of windshield defrost vents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts