Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
An important question:

From what I've read, with the tazer plugged in, mileage is now correctly displayed on the cluster after it is swapped. Is the opposite also true? Meaning if one were to revert to the original pre- 2015 cluster, would it still display proper mileage? Or will it just display the accumulated mileage prior to the swap? If so is it possible to update it without a trip to the dealer?

This is important- you may want to trade/sell you car in which case one would want to re install the original cluster with it displaying the proper mileage i think. Thanks in advance to anyone who has an answer to this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
An important question:

From what I've read, with the tazer plugged in, mileage is now correctly displayed on the cluster after it is swapped. Is the opposite also true? Meaning if one were to revert to the original pre- 2015 cluster, would it still display proper mileage? Or will it just display the accumulated mileage prior to the swap? If so is it possible to update it without a trip to the dealer?

This is important- you may want to trade/sell you car in which case one would want to re install the original cluster with it displaying the proper mileage i think. Thanks in advance to anyone who has an answer to this.

I've watching the forums and Facebook closely and I haven't seen that on the new cluster the mileage is correct .... As of now if you swap clusters the newer cluster wouldn't have the correct mileage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an update for this post ....I have a 2011 Chrysler 300 and I was able to put a 2015 cluster in my 300. They use of the tazer help tremendously since the controls didn't work prior to using the tazer. I also was able to use the same cluster lid with some mods of the bracket. Just cut them down and the lid will go on. There is a small cubbie hole since curves of the cluster and lid don't match but I will be looking at some options to patch that. For the time being Im happy and going to look at more mods for my 300...I hope this help someone....
Hey man quick question I got a 2012 Chrysler 300 3.6 base I have done a couple mods in the engine but I want to know if the MPH will show on this new cluster while your driving and what does it show right on the cluster before I put it on?

·
Registered
242 Posts
My question on this swap is what's gained by doing it? Is there more information displayed? More control options available, etc. Or is it just a change in look?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any updates on this?

I am very interested in knowing if ALL the issues where fixed, like the ACC status and parking warnings pictures not being displayed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an update for this post ....I have a 2011 Chrysler 300 and I was able to put a 2015 cluster in my 300. They use of the tazer help tremendously since the controls didn't work prior to using the tazer. I also was able to use the same cluster lid with some mods of the bracket. Just cut them down and the lid will go on. There is a small cubbie hole since curves of the cluster and lid don't match but I will be looking at some options to patch that. For the time being Im happy and going to look at more mods for my 300...I hope this help someone....
I did this swap but now the screen says service tranny and not to shut off cause it may not start so I bought a tazer and it's still not going away and it won't let me change it from mph to km either any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm really interested in doing this myself also, so here is all the info/links I saved over time that I hope will help you:

*** Please post any new info you come up with to fix these remaing issues :)

https://www.*****************/threads/2015-cluster-swap-success.185559/
I don't know why the forum software is blocking the domain name of this link because it is a legit domain.
The domain is "chargerforumz" dot com with a "z" and not "s"
The above thread has 1100 posts in it related to this topic!

https://www.chargerforums.com/threads/2015-instrument-cluster-installed.277825/

https://www.microchipdirect.com/product/search/all/APGDT002

·
Registered
1 Posts
So ive just decided to put a 2015 cluster in my 2014 dodge charger and my main concern is the issue you were all discussing. That the controls wouldnt work and i would need a TAZER to reprogram it. But i dont wanna spend over 200 dollars for something ill use once. Is there anyother way or does a dealership do it. Anyone find anything

21 - 32 of 32 Posts