Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2016 300 Electrical issues

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Curious Joe 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2016 300 that seems to be acting up as of recently.

During the winter, it was very very cold so we had the heat on full blast most of the time we were in the vehicle. It recently started to get hot but we have come to discover that the A/C doesn't work most of the time and that we get a hissing from the dash every time the HVAC system is on.

I was reading around and heard that low voltage can cause this issue (the battery is original to the car) but i wanna make sure. Today i lifted the back cover off in the trunk to check fuses and accidentally touched the battery, and it was so hot it burned me.

Any help?

#2 ·
Hello,

I have a 2016 300 that seems to be acting up as of recently.

During the winter, it was very very cold so we had the heat on full blast most of the time we were in the vehicle. It recently started to get hot but we have come to discover that the A/C doesn't work most of the time and that we get a hissing from the dash every time the HVAC system is on.

I was reading around and heard that low voltage can cause this issue (the battery is original to the car) but i wanna make sure. Today i lifted the back cover off in the trunk to check fuses and accidentally touched the battery, and it was so hot it burned me.

Any help?
Park the car immediately and have it towed to a reputable shop for diagnostic work.
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.