Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2016 300c platinum last week through private sale. I have come to realize the Hi beam/low beams do not work. Everything else in the headlight works except the bulbs not lighting up. I have checked the fuses they seem to be good, scanned car didn’t get any codes. I checked the connector to the bulbs with a test light and it doesn’t seem to be getting any power to them.

Has anyone ran into a similar problem and can point me towards a fix? Does anyone have access to wiring diagram for the headlights so I can try to further track the power? Thanks for taking time to read any help or suggestions much appreciated.

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 300 C
25 Posts
I also have a 2016 300C. I have not as of yet had any head light problems. I do know that there are multiple fuses and multiple relays, any of them could be giving you problems. You will want to check the power distribution boxes in trunk and engine compartment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have a 2016 300C. I have not as of yet had any head light problems. I do know that there are multiple fuses and multiple relays, any of them could be giving you problems. You will want to check the power distribution boxes in trunk and engine compartment.
Yes I checked all of the fuses in the front and rear power distribution boxes all seem to be working. My owners manual said specifically fuse 15,16 in the front box control the left and right HID respectively. Tested them with a test light have power going through them, pulled them out not burned out or anything of that nature.

I have been going through lots of threads I haven't found any describing exactly what I am going through but a lot of people have been bringing up ballasts. As both were out I was thinking it must be something else unless both ballasts went bad. Is there a way to see if a ballast is not working without purchasing a new one to test with?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased a 2016 300c platinum last week through private sale. I have come to realize the Hi beam/low beams do not work. Everything else in the headlight works except the bulbs not lighting up. I have checked the fuses they seem to be good, scanned car didn’t get any codes. I checked the connector to the bulbs with a test light and it doesn’t seem to be getting any power to them.

Has anyone ran into a similar problem and can point me towards a fix? Does anyone have access to wiring diagram for the headlights so I can try to further track the power? Thanks for taking time to read any help or suggestions much appreciated.
I have the same year and model. About a year ago I experienced the same problem. Dealer said the ballast were bad.. $1200 repair and lights still didn't work. Cussed them out and took the car to an auto electrician. He put a meter on the lights and worked his way back to the fuse box. He noticed very low voltage coming from the fuse box. Apparently a certain voltage is needed to turn on headlamps.

He pulled the fuse box, looked underneath and found bad solders (from the factory). Resistance had built up and was melting the wires. He replaced the wires and redid the solder. Haven't had a problem with headlamps since.. You may have the same problem, try pulling the fuse box and look underneath at wires and connections.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2016 300c platinum last week through private sale. I have come to realize the Hi beam/low beams do not work. Everything else in the headlight works except the bulbs not lighting up. I have checked the fuses they seem to be good, scanned car didn’t get any codes. I checked the connector to the bulbs with a test light and it doesn’t seem to be getting any power to them. Has anyone ran into a similar problem and can point me towards a fix? Does anyone have access to wiring diagram for the headlights so I can try to further track the power? Thanks for taking time to read any help or suggestions much appreciated.
I have a 2015 Chrysler 309c Platinum and have had problems with my headlights. It started with one headlight first so I switched bulbs and it still didn’t work. I checked both fuses and they tested fine. I removed the front clip to gain access to the headlight modules and switched them and it still didn’t work. To make a long story short it turned out the drivers side fuse was burnt and the yellow plastic was melted. I called the dealer and they said that I would need to have a new fuse box installed but the problem was it is not separate from the wire loom and it would cost over $2,200.00 to repair. I wrote a letter to Chrysler explaining that I thought there was a factory defect with my fuse box since I had never opened it for anything. They did not agree and said it was my problem. I removed both fuses and inserted a very small and fine pin file to clean the hidden fuse connectors and found a different style of fuse that had longer lugs and installed them. It has worked for almost 2 1/2 years. Good luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
I second davehope1949. Same problem on my 2015 Platinum. I intend to do the same as waytrans1 and pull the whole box to inspect/repair it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, finally received my ballasts just hooked them up and it fixed my problem.

Previous owner must have just let them each go out and never touched them didn’t think it was going to be the ballasts based on them both being out.

Thanks everyone for you help and suggestions really appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts