Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue finding anything at all where anyone has replaced the stock 9005 halogen bulbs with LED's. I purchased some Sylvania Silverstar zXe to replace the stock bulbs and they are a little better. I'm an electrician and prefer the bright white of LED's all day over the brothel yellow that halogens produce. My question is: Has anyone actually replaced the 2016 300 bulbs with LEDs? Did you have any issues with space inside the back of the housing with the dust cover applied? Which specific LED's did you use and did you have any issues with the light pattern with the LED? Is a canbus error free anti flickering resistor necessary? I know someone out there has changed this year's model bulbs with LED's, but I can't find anyone on the internet that has come out and said it! I have spent weeks searching the internet and can not produce any proof that someone has done it, much less the specific brand they used.

Please help!

·
Registered
510 Posts
There is a person on this forum that did exactly that with new LEDs from Diode Dynamics. I will search and post a link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well, I am using Tapatalk on my #&@%*+ iPad so I dont know how to copy/paste a link. You’ll have to search posts by FlywithmeA380 on 8/31 in the Lighting Discussion. Also, YellowDuster, and kd300SRT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply! I had previously run across those posts and now recognize your name too from them. In regards to them, everyone's experience is from <2016 and used 9012 bulbs. In 2016 the bulb moved to 9005's. I will do more research on Diode Dynamics. Their product does look very well made and I'm sure they would honor a return should I have to send them back... that price though... ouch!

·
Registered
510 Posts
$150-$200 is in the zone for quality HID lights. Cheaper ones could be problematic.

·
Registered
510 Posts
And a number of forum members have had good experience with Morimoto HIDs. I don’t know if they do LEDs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having an issue finding anything at all where anyone has replaced the stock 9005 halogen bulbs with LED's. I purchased some Sylvania Silverstar zXe to replace the stock bulbs and they are a little better. I'm an electrician and prefer the bright white of LED's all day over the brothel yellow that halogens produce. My question is: Has anyone actually replaced the 2016 300 bulbs with LEDs? Did you have any issues with space inside the back of the housing with the dust cover applied? Which specific LED's did you use and did you have any issues with the light pattern with the LED? Is a canbus error free anti flickering resistor necessary? I know someone out there has changed this year's model bulbs with LED's, but I can't find anyone on the internet that has come out and said it! I have spent weeks searching the internet and can not produce any proof that someone has done it, much less the specific brand they used.

Please help!

Please help!
HI. I have a 2017 Chrysler 300C that came with halogen stock. I purchased a pair of LED off Amazon that came with a built in resister. They fit in perfectly and I was able to place the dust cape back on as well. The wires and resister all fit into the housing unit. My headlights now match the LED daytime lights and my LED fog lights. The brand is Auxbeam model F-16 and it's the 9005. Took me all of 15 minutes to install. Had to partially remove the cold air intake filter for get the drivers side in. But that's easy. Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI. I have a 2017 Chrysler 300C that came with halogen stock. I purchased a pair of LED off Amazon that came with a built in resister. They fit in perfectly and I was able to place the dust cape back on as well. The wires and resister all fit into the housing unit. My headlights now match the LED daytime lights and my LED fog lights. The brand is Auxbeam model F-16 and it's the 9005. Took me all of 15 minutes to install. Had to partially remove the cold air intake filter for get the drivers side in. But that's easy. Hopes this helps. Paid $50 for them back in July 2019. No flickering and still nice and bright.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just did mine, 2018 Chrysler 300 with stock halogen. I purchased these (9005 HB3 CREE LED Headlights Bulbs Conversion Kit High/Low Beam 6000K White 55W) on ebay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, for the response. I ended up going with
HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -HB3/9005, Prime LED 12000lm 6K Cool White
and I absolutely love them. Like you, I had the same process. I did have to clock mine to where both sides of the led were horizontal in the housing. I was fortunate that the above mentioned LED came with a built-in resistor also. They are so nice, and so far as I can tell they aren't blinding anyone while I'm driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts