Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to upgrade amplification (of which currently only comes from the head unit, I have the most base system), speakers and add a sub to my 300.

I'm a little confused about what speakers have a simple install procedure.

Looking at Crutchfield for speakers that will fit in my dash the ONLY 3.5 inch speakers that are "compatible" with my system are the Infinity Reference REF-3022cfx

There have got to be a few more options besides Infinity Ref..right??

I am also looking at the MATCH PP 86DSP to add amplification for my speakers as well as a place to hook a sub amp up eventually.

What I'm currently thinking is to replace the dash speakers and then to add the PP 86DSP in a few months, running the cable for the sub at that time and then adding the sub, then replacing the other speakers in the door over time.

Does this sound like a sane plan?

Any info really appreciated as I am having a hard time understanding what is viable and what isn't.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
I have a base 2012 which is unamplified (other than whatever is in the head unit) too. I bought some Infinity Refs from Crutchfield and replaced the dash speakers. Best upgrade I ever did! I have some pictures somewhere on this forum of the embarrassingly puny speakers that came out, and the Infinities that I put in. I don't remember if the model number you cited above is the exact ones I bought, but I wouldn't at all be surprised. There is very little clearance beneath where the speakers mount, so a deeper 3.5" speaker wouldn't work.

Note that the amp you mentioned won't hook up directly like a factory amp... You will require LOC's on the speaker leads. The rear deck speakers get a full-range signal, and the battery is back there too. So I don't see why you need to run any lines up front since everything you need for a sub is already in the trunk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking to upgrade amplification (of which currently only comes from the head unit, I have the most base system), speakers and add a sub to my 300.

I'm a little confused about what speakers have a simple install procedure.

Looking at Crutchfield for speakers that will fit in my dash the ONLY 3.5 inch speakers that are "compatible" with my system are the Infinity Reference REF-3022cfx

There have got to be a few more options besides Infinity Ref..right??

I am also looking at the MATCH PP 86DSP to add amplification for my speakers as well as a place to hook a sub amp up eventually.

What I'm currently thinking is to replace the dash speakers and then to add the PP 86DSP in a few months, running the cable for the sub at that time and then adding the sub, then replacing the other speakers in the door over time.

Does this sound like a sane plan?

Any info really appreciated as I am having a hard time understanding what is viable and what isn't.
I believe the first thing to do sub amp loc off rear speaker next 3x5 dash corner speakers and my system was 6 speaker base unit go with the infinity 3.5 and wow what a difference

1 - 3 of 3 Posts