Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 chrysler 300 s, I bought it with it not starting and as is like to see if I can fix it my self. I have to open the door with key manually, the car has no power on the dash when I get in. Usually when a car has power the dash says "key not detected" or usually it says "press the start button and push the breaks" my car does not say any of that. The dash or radio has no light at all. No power on the dash or radio. The push start button doesnt work either, it says off and when I press it, the push start button stay on off. I have tried to replace the bcm and nothing happened, I tried to replace the key module in the back next to break lights and still nothing happens. I also have checked all the fuses and still no luck.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Unless some troubleshooting you haven't described in your post led you to replace the BCM, I would put the original back.

Then I'd load test the battery. If it needs a charge, charge it. If it fails the load test, replace it. Then make absolutely sure that fuses 2 and 4 (both yellow 60A) in the rear PDC are good...they feed the front PDC.

Then use an advanced scantool (not just a simple code reader) that can read all of the car's modules to check for DTCs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put a brand new battery and I have super advanced scan tool that can do everything, it wont even scan as it says the car has to be in on position. I ended up putting the bcm back and I still dont have any luck with the car. I also checked the big fuses, and they are good. Still no luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked the relay as well, and all the relays are working as expected. I have a relay checker that checks relay.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would be checking how far you get power.

You say all the relays are ok; but is power getting to them?

The wiring diagrams aren't designed for major fails like this, they are designed for finding faults in individual systems/sections; but by jumping from diag to diag, you should be able to see where power is and isn't to see how far it is getting. Then work out where it is being lost.

Without any further info; that is where I would start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts