Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new AWD 300, base, 5 miles.

This post will be for my additions and modifications with pictures and a brief write up on them for others to follow suit if they'd like.

Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Got this on somewhat recently, the fitment is GREAT and I didn't need to drill into the trunk lid for the bolts.. I first lined up the spoiler on the car, held it in place with masking tape, then made a masking tape perimeter around the spoiler, so I knew exactly how to set it down with the 3M tape on it (it sticks HARD, you really only get one shot). All I did was lightly sand the bottom of the spoiler with 1500 grit so the 3M tape (included) would bite the spoiler a bit better. I then make sure there was no wax or contaminants on the car or the spoiler by using isopropyl alcohol thoroughly on them. I did not sand the car or drill into it at all, for the purposes of removing it later on.

It will look like you don't have enough 3M tape to hold, what I would consider, a rather large spoiler to the decklid by itself, but trust me, once you have placed it on there and applied firm pressure all around it, it will feel as though it is bolted down.

What's nice is that the spoiler essentially has a lip around the bottom edges, so when you have tape on the bottom, it fits snug against the trunk lid (but still grabs to the car very well). When I recently washed the car, water did not want to seep underneath the spoiler, which is what I was worried about, in terms of longevity with the tape.

The color matches perfectly. There are no imperfections whatsoever. I'm very happy with the quality and fitment. It really sets the car off! Honestly, the pictures don't do it justice. Pictures seem to make it look small.

The seller on eBay I used was "highgearautoparts". I believe they have a tall version and a short one, I have the tall one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/192134436138

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Detroit! You have great plan for your Chrysler. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Keep us posted on progress!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts