Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I bought my car last year 2019 (used) with under 60k miles on it. It was a great driving car until the 2nd month. I started having problems with the radio/uconnect. First thing I noticed was it would cut off while driving and reset itself. I had put my favorites into the phone contacts for one touch dialing. When the radio reset itself I lost my contact favorites. Another time I had started the car and started to drive. I tried to adjust the volume on the radio and it wouldn't work. Then the radio froze on the song I was playing via the USB drive and a buzzing noise came through the speakers. I shut the car off for a few and when I started it again it was still buzzing then the radio reset itself after a few minutes and it seemed to be ok but it wasn't. The radio proceeds to reset itself at will. One time the radio stayed on and drained my battery. Luckily i was able to get it charged and save the battery. I don't know what that was about but now i make sure I turn the radio off when putting it into park before cutting the engine off. The radio keeps freezing and a few times the backup camera doesn't work properly. It will stay on while I'm driving then the radio will reset and the backup camera switch back to the radio screen. I've also had trouble with the USB ports not working with my flash drive. There is no connectivity. I've done extensive research on this and Chrysler is well aware of the problem because I found an article regarding it. See link.

I called uconnect and they did a soft reset. It didn't fix the problem. I called the dealer and they wanted to charge me $170 just to diagnose it. I don't feel that is fair when this is an ongoing problem. There is even a class action lawsuit against Fiat/Chrysler now. I don't want to get involved in that. Jist more read tape to go through. I just want my radio to work properly with functionality. Is that too much to ask??? I will also note that I had a 2011 Chrysler 300 base model with no issues with the radio. That was a CD unit.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I had a similar freezing issue in my ‘17C but before what you and The Verge describe above. Nothing fixed it. Finally in a fit of unlaziness (and needing oil change) took it to dealer for replacement under warranty. This would have been $870. You could check into FCA part cost, negotiate (wrangle) with the dealer for best price you can get, and then install yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a similar freezing issue in my ‘17C but before what you and The Verge describe above. Nothing fixed it. Finally in a fit of unlaziness (and needing oil change) took it to dealer for replacement under warranty. This would have been $870. You could check into FCA part cost, negotiate (wrangle) with the dealer for best price you can get, and then install yourself.

Thank you for the response. I did find an aftermarket car repair center that is looking into it. They think they can reprogram the radio. Chrysler sometimes allows other repair shops access to their technology. I don't like going to the dealer for any repairs because they overcharge you even for a simple oil change which I know how to do as I used to work at a service station in my younger days. If this guy can't get it done I guess I will have no choice but to take it to them.

·
Registered
643 Posts
NotHappy, don’t give up on your local dealers. They are not all the same. I found a dealer and service advisor that I could trust, wasn’t too expensive or cheap (ie, realistic prices), and did the work well. Depending on sales and multi-oil-change packs, I have paid between $20 and $40 per and that included their multi point inspections. Cheaper than Jiffy Lube and I know the proper fluid, filters, and techs are being used. Keep looking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having similar problems with the constant reboot and the rearview camera not working properly. But I am also having a very frustrating issue now. It is almost like my uconnect is possessed. It will begin to change stations on the radio going from FM to AM to SXM at will and if I change it back it continues to change and the screen is responding as if someone is pressing buttons and changing the stations. When I connect to Bluetooth is goes from media to phone and will begin redialing the last number called and if I hang up it continues to redial. The entire time the display buttons are lighting up as if being pressed. Turning the system off does no good if you turn it on and it continues to do it. I can no longer connect to Bluetooth because of this issue. Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having similar problems with the constant reboot and the rearview camera not working properly. But I am also having a very frustrating issue now. It is almost like my uconnect is possessed. It will begin to change stations on the radio going from FM to AM to SXM at will and if I change it back it continues to change and the screen is responding as if someone is pressing buttons and changing the stations. When I connect to Bluetooth is goes from media to phone and will begin redialing the last number called and if I hang up it continues to redial. The entire time the display buttons are lighting up as if being pressed. Turning the system off does no good if you turn it on and it continues to do it. I can no longer connect to Bluetooth because of this issue. Is anyone else having this problem?
Yea im having the same issue now! I just bought the yesterday too smh....if you were able to get it fixed please lmk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've had similar problems with my 2015. The nav finally loses it's location and is useless by being off by a 1/2 mile. I'm hoping for a real fix as well. Until then I keep a thumb drive in the car with the most recent r. When it begins to act up I re-enter the update. Seems to clear problems for me. It is a bit of a pain but I don't lose my nav favorite locations and most settings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts