Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out today and I don't have any GPS sattelite signals. The map rotates with the car motion but the map is nor synced with the correct car position. The latitude and longitude and elevation values show movement.

It worked fine yesterday.

Any suggestions as to what to check?

Thanks, Bob.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. Will do.

I called Uconnect and the offsite rep, who I could barely understand, said I probably need a software update. I'll check my version tomorrow. Driveuconnect says my version is the latest and does not require an update.

This happened once before and cleared up by itself.

Bob.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK. Will do.

I called Uconnect and the offsite rep, who I could barely understand, said I probably need a software update. I'll check my version tomorrow. Driveuconnect says my version is the latest and does not require an update.

This happened once before and cleared up by itself.

Bob.
How do I view the Uconnect version in my car? I called Uconnect but they are closed on Sunday's. I went out today and the GPS is still out. As I remember there is some combination of heater buttons to view the version. Here is a picture of my heater buttons. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob.
Speedometer Vehicle Gauge Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do I view the Uconnect version in my car? I called Uconnect but they are closed on Sunday's. I went out today and the GPS is still out. As I remember there is some combination of heater buttons to view the version. Here is a picture of my heater buttons. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob. View attachment 176885
I did a Google search and found out that the keys are 1, 2,10 in the jpg above. They get me into the Dealer Mode.

Does anyone know what the latest version is for a 2017 300S with the 8.4n radio.? Uconnect says mine is OK and does not require an update. The "off shore rep" said I need version 19 or later.

Thanks, Bob.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Does anyone know what the latest version is for a 2017 300S with the 8.4n radio?
You used to be able to find this out by entering your VIN here: Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates. Alas, I can no longer find that info because it just tells me that my 2020 is up to date. I know it has performed at least one OTA update shortly after I bought it. But I have wondered whether mine was up to date as well. I guess we are just supposed to have faith in this website. :mad:

I was also able to find out what version my 2012 radio had by looking in the Setup menu on the radio itself. Alas, now the only thing I can find is a warning from Panasonic not to hack my radio. Really, Panasonic? Who the hell owns this radio, anyway?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. As I stated in my previous post "Uconnect says mine is OK and does not require an update. The "off shore rep" said I need version 19 or later." Nowhere can I find the version number that I am supposed to have. Uconnect should state it. I'm calling Uconnect this AM and hope I can get an onshore rep that speaks good English. Bob.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Best I can tell through all of my online research regarding this issue is that the good folks of UConnect have us all by the short hairs, and any "updates" end up costing the customer an arm and a leg.

I'm in the same boat: 2018 300S with the 8.4 and my car is out in the middle of the ocean and the compass is ALWAYS telling me I'm going in a direction other than that which I am pointed.

Got my popcorn out.................

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: I called Uconnect this AM. Got an onshore rep. She said I needed a map update! What a joke! None of the GPS satellite signals are showing up. She stated that my GPS would not work at all if I did not have the latest map updates, which is incorrect. I asked her what version I am supposed to have and she could not tell me. She said she had no idea what the previous rep told me about version 19. Uconnect needs to get some technically trained reps to adequately help it's customers and they should have a way to see your actual version number installed.

How are the over the air updates performed? I assume the car has to be running, in an open area to see the sats. How do you know they have sent an over the air update? What happens if the car is shutoff while it is being updated?

Bob.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
How are the over the air updates performed? I assume the car has to be running, in an open area to see the sats. How do you know they have sent an over the air update? What happens if the car is shutoff while it is being updated?
My radio asked me if it could perform this update within a week of driving it off the lot. I did nothing other than agree to it.

To my knowledge, an OTA update does not come down from satellite, but rather through the cell phone network. Yes, my 2020 is Internet enabled, although in about 4 months once my trial expires, I'll find out what does or does not still work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I swear we are slowly killing ourselves with technology in this world we live in. I search my VIN on the UConnect update site and it's not due for any updates. I search the "Application Version" within the dealer settings and there is no update required there either. Yet, the damn thing doesn't even come close to working.

Others like BobF actually call humans and try to resolve and they have no idea what to do. If you don't know how to support your product, don't even produce it and put it in consumers hands. Once we get to using it, we'll demand the world because we're the one's who have to pay for it.

Hoping BobF has more patience than I do with this crap and we might learn something from him here. A big hearty thanks to BobF for even trying.....hoping you get somewhere Sir.

NOTE: I have no answer for the "over the air" updates. I have only had possession of my 2018 300s for about 2 months now, and I'm quite sure that there have been no requests for me to approve an "over the air" update on mine. Secretly I just hope that one day when I push the GO button that it will be magically all better. :)

• Sad

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I swear we are slowly killing ourselves with technology in this world we live in. I search my VIN on the UConnect update site and it's not due for any updates. I search the "Application Version" within the dealer settings and there is no update required there either. Yet, the damn thing doesn't even come close to working.

Others like BobF actually call humans and try to resolve and they have no idea what to do. If you don't know how to support your product, don't even produce it and put it in consumers hands. Once we get to using it, we'll demand the world because we're the one's who have to pay for it.

Hoping BobF has more patience than I do with this crap and we might learn something from him here. A big hearty thanks to BobF for even trying.....hoping you get somewhere Sir.

NOTE: I have no answer for the "over the air" updates. I have only had possession of my 2018 300s for about 2 months now, and I'm quite sure that there have been no requests for me to approve an "over the air" update on mine. Secretly I just hope that one day when I push the GO button that it will be magically all better. :)
Thanks. I don't have my cell phone on all the time I am in the car. I barely ever use it. I don't see how updates can be sent by cell phone.

The last time I had these Uconnect problems I sent an e-mail to the old CEO. I was shocked when I got a call from one of his top assistance within an hour offering his help. He said the CEO read all his mails. He put me in touch with some of the Uconnect heads that helped me immensely.

Sadly with the change of Chrysler ownership and CEO changes they are no longer available.

I am the type that keeps fighting. Bob.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
I don't have my cell phone on all the time I am in the car. I barely ever use it. I don't see how updates can be sent by cell phone.
My 2020 has it's own cell phone radio. It does not go through my own cell phone unless I'm seriously confused. I can subscribe my car so that it can provide you with a hot-spot for WiFi gear without any other cell phone radios. I do not know how this was done (if at all) on your 2017. I do know that it was a $1000 add-on option for my 2012. :eek:

·
Registered
644 Posts
My 2017C has it built in. I didn’t want to pay the extra monthly service fee, though. FCA’s system is similar functionality to GM’s OnStar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My 2020 has it's own cell phone radio. It does not go through my own cell phone unless I'm seriously confused. I can subscribe my car so that it can provide you with a hot-spot for WiFi gear without any other cell phone radios. I do not know how this was done (if at all) on your 2017. I do know that it was a $1000 add-on option for my 2012. :eek:
My 2017 300S does not have that feature. It only works with paired phones and even asks if no paired phone is on. It has no WiFi hot spot. Bob.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any updates on this Bob?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nothing yet. Uconnect were of NO help. I have an appointment with my dealer next week. I'm sure glad I have the lifetime warranty. I'll only have to pay $100 no matter what they do or replace. Bob.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nothing yet. Uconnect were of NO help. I have an appointment with my dealer next week. I'm sure glad I have the lifetime warranty. I'll only have to pay $100 no matter what they do or replace. Bob.
That is awesome for sure! Please keep us posted on the ultimate repair so the rest of us can understand what we are up against. Thanks!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will do. I had this problem once before but it cleared up on it's own. Bob.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update:
Took the car to the dealer. Arrived at 7:00AM first in line. Got a free rental. They had the car for most of the day. Their analysis was "Internal radio head failure UGPS internal recommend new radio 7-10 business days 100.00 ded". Returned rental and will wait for a new radio.

Glad I have the lifetime warranty! So much for Panasonic radios! Bob.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts