Premium Member
7,943 Posts
By 2017 they may have upped the horses on the HC

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By 2017 they may have upped the horses on the HC
The automakers keep increasing the performance on a regular basis. What I would like to see is a smaller, lighter car. The 'Cuda would be a great car to bring back. Can you imagine how cool it would be if they got the styling right on a new 'Cuda and brought it back with an 800 hp engine? :)

I predict that it will not be long before an NHRA license will be required to take these cars to your local drag strip.

Reactions: Northern Rider

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
^^^Hahaha what a terrific problem!!!

A great time to be an enthusiast...

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Totally Agree ^^

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^Hahaha what a terrific problem!!!

A great time to be an enthusiast...
Totally Agree ^^
Agreed!

Hey Steve - Good to hear from you. I haven't seen you on here in a while.

I'm afraid now to tell my wife how much power my car has. She still doesn't know my Cobra has 662 hp, but my kids do LOL. I don't know how she would react if I told her my car had 662 hp, let alone 740 hp or more. She already thinks I'm crazy. As a side note, I've been very happy with my Cobra. I love the 6-speed manual and the throwback cue ball shifter. Ever since I had the Toyo R888s installed, it's been much easier to drive. I highly recommend Toyo R888s! I can practically punch it from a 20 mph roll in first gear and power shift second with nothing more than a hint of initial wheelspin followed by a bark from the tires when I slam 2nd gear. What fun! :)

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Agreed!

Hey Steve - Good to hear from you. I haven't seen you on here in a while.

I'm afraid now to tell my wife how much power my car has. She still doesn't know my Cobra has 662 hp, but my kids do LOL. I don't know how she would react if I told her my car had 662 hp, let alone 740 hp or more. She already thinks I'm crazy. As a side note, I've been very happy with my Cobra. I love the 6-speed manual and the throwback cue ball shifter. Ever since I had the Toyo R888s installed, it's been much easier to drive. I highly recommend Toyo R888s! I can practically punch it from a 20 mph roll in first gear and power shift second with nothing more than a hint of initial wheelspin followed by a bark from the tires when I slam 2nd gear. What fun! :)
Yessir, nice rubber is an imperative for any car with that kind of power to weight ratio. I'm sure it is challenging to drive, super sweet!

On a side note, my car is in for a complete body, cradle, diff, etc. bushing change and a few front suspension bits, then a date with the body shop (wife hit a shovel!). I am also negotiating for an 06 Magnum SRT8 with only 51k miles, so we'll see what happens there.

Such fun!

Reactions: Northern Rider

·
Registered
169 Posts
But it's sooooooo ugly ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dodge hell car, THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO MODERN CARS! Domestics fighting with crazy performance stock cars, I cant wait to take one around a corner at 120 and not feel like im going to roll set the car on fire and explode. Im so sick of people saying American autos are only fast in straight lines. Im looking forward with great hopes in the future.

·
Registered
150 Posts
OK, so the Shelby Ford makes power. But it isn't factory stock; it's been modified by about the best in the modifying business. But would happen if Shelby got their hands on a Hellcat?

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, so the Shelby Ford makes power. But it isn't factory stock; it's been modified by about the best in the modifying business. But would happen if Shelby got their hands on a Hellcat?
You need to get your facts straight. The 2013-14 Shelby is 100% factory stock. They are made 100% on the Dearborn Michigan production line and then sent across the street for stripes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts