Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
No way. Doesn't seem logical, I don't think they would design an entire platform for 1 car. The 300SRT sales were down to. Also, from what I am understanding the SRT cars with be the 6.2 Hellcat powered vehicles. A bunch of the Sporty versions will get the 392 6.4L. I have also read that the 300S will get the 392, where the C will get the 5.7, if that's the case sign me up for a 300S!!

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
dont knock FWD - one the best looking cars ever made (IMHO) was an innovator in the area Bucciali TAV8-32 Saoutchik ?Fleche d'Or?

One word.... understeer.... oh I will knock on FWD's lots! lol... I'm not into lift off oversteer after almost understeering into a wall. Popular in Europe I know, but over here the best we've managed is to import a Focus ST, other than that it's just Buicks floating along the roads and puking out transmissions every 100k...

That car however.. is pretty captivating I must say!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
One word.... understeer.... oh I will knock on FWD's lots! lol... I'm not into lift off oversteer after almost understeering into a wall. Popular in Europe I know, but over here the best we've managed is to import a Focus ST, other than that it's just Buicks floating along the roads and puking out transmissions every 100k...

That car however.. is pretty captivating I must say!
LOL THIS!!!

Yes unfortunately here in the states we have a pretty shitty course of FWD cars. Nothing makes me laugh more than a FWD high powered car such as a Honda spinning through 3 gears because he cant keep traction, LOL idk why its so funny because when a high powered RWD car does it my jaw drops!

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Loved my 300M 1999 with 278K miles on it. Still in the driveway. Had the trans not let go in 2012 I probably would still be driving after I have the front end damage repaired. 2500 for damage repair 700-1000 for a trans. It maybe donated to charity at this point. Its been sitting idle to long. Great driver and 28 mpg on the highway. Pretty close to the 30 mpg I got out of a 300S last month.

·
Registered
789 Posts
SRT is going strictly serious high performance. Not enough sales for the 300/Charger SRT... BUT if I can buy a 392 Charger R/T or 300S at a reduction then it's win win. The SRT brand will soon be outta reach for most of us blue collar gearheads but we always find a way to keep up on the cheap!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts