Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2020 300S 5.7. Found the exhaust systems to be a bit pricy. Sooo I bought a dynomax 39518 system for a 11-14Charger. It fits and its installed. First, A little too quiet but thats ok for now. Price was $469 from Car ID. Pipes are stainless. Muffs are aluminized. As I said good for now. Stainless through flow mufflers are about $120 a pair, so im still saving a buck.

Now the bad... the hangers are not oriented the same way as the OEM. The two at the end are correct the other 4 are off.
I made 2 more fit by bending and left the others off. 6 hangars inside of 4 feet is a bit excessive anyway The tailpipes are short by 7". However, when I put 8" chrome tips on...perfect. I did add the SRT valance so the slit tips in the valence are gone. Just passing it along..

·
Registered
2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8 w/ a Hellcat Supercharger
74 Posts
That is very interesting. I wonder what they change on the new systems to make them more expensive.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
First off you bought exhaust for a different model car so of course the hangers and size are going to be different. I have found with exhaust it is best to not cheap out on it. The longevity and zero problems will be worth the extra dollars. Correct mandrel bends also help with performance and better systems will not drone. Expect issues in the future.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off you bought exhaust for a different model car so of course the hangers and size are going to be different. I have found with exhaust it is best to not cheap out on it. The longevity and zero problems will be worth the extra dollars. Correct mandrel bends also help with performance and better systems will not drone. Expect issues in the future.
Didn't ask for your opinion!. I knew it was going to be different but its 98%. Fits perfectly and works great. The bends and shape is the same as the OEM.. Cheap out? Also none of your business. Where do you get off casting your opinion when it wasn't asked for . Personally I think $1000 to $1800 for a bunch of 2.5" pipes is a rip off. Drone included. I have had the expensive ones, only the Corsa doesn't drone. This system was a great value and good for those who have a little mechanical ability. These forums always have a few pontificators.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Didn't ask for your opinion!. I knew it was going to be different but its 98%. Fits perfectly and works great. The bends and shape is the same as the OEM.. Cheap out? Also none of your business. Where do you get off casting your opinion when it wasn't asked for . Personally I think $1000 to $1800 for a bunch of 2.5" pipes is a rip off. Drone included. I have had the expensive ones, only the Corsa doesn't drone. This system was a great value and good for those who have a little mechanical ability. These forums always have a few pontificators.
Get butt hurt much lol. Don't post your cheap ass rig job if you don't want comments about it lmao.

·
Registered
2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8 w/ a Hellcat Supercharger
74 Posts
Get butt hurt much lol. Don't post your cheap ass rig job if you don't want comments about it lmao.
I am not sure at what point an exhaust system becomes a "rig job", are they not all just bent pipes and a few mufflers? It is almost like you do not know the platforms are the same. As long as it fits, does not leak, and has nice bends I do not see a problem with it. At least OP posted info to let everyone know what he learned. It is always nice to save money for more mods.

Reactions: TheKrell
1 - 7 of 7 Posts