Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like a new finish will be on the next shipment ---- Black Chrome.....on ebay now. It says to allow up to 30 days for them to get in, so I am assuming the chrome, black chrome and machined with silver windows should be in at the same time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
will have to see in person

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was trying to figure out what color those were. I came across them and wasnt sure what they are. I am assuming they are crome faced with black windows? Sorry ether my eyes are really bad or I am going crazy but the pics just look really glossy to me.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I was trying to figure out what color those were. I came across them and wasnt sure what they are. I am assuming they are crome faced with black windows? Sorry ether my eyes are really bad or I am going crazy but the pics just look really glossy to me.
No, black chrome would be a smokey looking chrome color, rather than the usual silver chrome color you see.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gotcha... I actually went onto ebay ans read the description and figured it out. I really like this color kinda wished I waited to get these ones. I really wanted to get black ones in the first place but I talked myself out of it. If these had been available when I bought mine then I think I would have gone with these for sure. Why the $700 price jump on them tho? I am assuming it has to do with the finish and the price to do them that way?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
How much heavier are the chrome/black chrome then regular.

Can you get black chrome with black pockets?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^I'm unsure how much heavier they are. It would be impossible to get the paint to stick, so no black pockets available from them in black chrome. You could try yourself, but you may have trouble getting the paint to adhere.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm confused. The one in the pic isn't black chrome is it? Just looks normal chrome to me. Am i that slow?

·
Registered
776 Posts
no, thats black chrome. you have to realize that everyone's definition of black chrome is different, something ive noticed over the years of modding! Ive seen black chrome that is literally a black shiny finish, but realistically, the generalization now is for something that is more of a "smokey" kind of finish on the chrome. If you put the black chrome and the regular chrome side by side you would definately see the difference. Maybe thats something Doug @ FR could do sometime.

·
Registered
268 Posts
does anyone have a pic of these on a 300C? cuz i am interested in them but want to see them on a C first

·
Registered
91 Posts
ive seen black chrome on alot of bikes.. its a hot color.. the best way to describe would be like he said a smokey chrome. maybe even a really chrome finished gun metal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts