Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say that I'm new to the site and new to the 300C car club. I have to say that this website is awesome. Many cool pictures and articles.

Let me get down to it. I have a 05' 300C currently with the stock 18" tires. I've been looking to upgrade to 20" or 22" wheels. The wheels I really like are the TIS 07.

I've read tons of articles regarding the offset and fitment problems fitting these wheels. I was looking at MISC articles talking about bolt grinding and tire rubbing issues. Assure you I don't want anything to do with bolt grinding or limiting my speed because of wheel size. I'm looking for style without giving up any performance.

I'm looking to get the 22" 9.5" +18 offset TIS 07 wheels. The tire size that comes with them is 265x35x22. Tire rack recommends 265/30-22 tires.

I live in the NE states and I'm worried about the ride comfort and potholes.
Does anyone have recommendations on 20" vs 22" rims? Any recommendation on which tire size to run from the 2 above? Are any of you running similar setups? Are any of you having problems with this setup?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
First of all thet me welcome you to the forum you are going to love it here lots of useful information about our cars.I have 20s on my car and have no issues but one.Its when i am driving at 60mph i feel a vibration.When i have my stock wheels on i have none. Other then that no problems.I live in NY which has lots of pot holes never really had problem with them either because when you have 20s you still have lots of tire.I know lots of guys dont like the look of 20s on a 300 but like you said its the pot holes that worry me.I really dont feel like bending a rim.Someone with 22s could tell you how the ride is.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
i have 22in 07's and 265 35 22 and mopar lowering springs and i have had no problems

·
Registered
331 Posts
First let me say that I'm new to the site and new to the 300C car club. I have to say that this website is awesome. Many cool pictures and articles.

Let me get down to it. I have a 05' 300C currently with the stock 18" tires. I've been looking to upgrade to 20" or 22" wheels. The wheels I really like are the TIS 07.

I've read tons of articles regarding the offset and fitment problems fitting these wheels. I was looking at MISC articles talking about bolt grinding and tire rubbing issues. Assure you I don't want anything to do with bolt grinding or limiting my speed because of wheel size. I'm looking for style without giving up any performance.

I'm looking to get the 22" 9.5" +18 offset TIS 07 wheels. The tire size that comes with them is 265x35x22. Tire rack recommends 265/30-22 tires.

I live in the NE states and I'm worried about the ride comfort and potholes.
Does anyone have recommendations on 20" vs 22" rims? Any recommendation on which tire size to run from the 2 above? Are any of you running similar setups? Are any of you having problems with this setup?

Thanks for the help.
I've been rolling TIS 07s for about two years now with no problems. 265X35X22 tires

I have an 05 Touring (V6). Again no problems. I run stock wheels and tires in the winter.

I say go for it. Post some pictures when you get them installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frank do you have any pictures? I'de like to see what the difference in the looks are. You probably should get you wheel balanced also if you have a vibration.

For the rest of the postings, the cars look sweet. I'm not ready to lower the car yet but it definetly adds appeal. Do you think the stock shocks and springs will pose a problem with the fitment?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
300c Driver going to post pics at the end of the month because doing some mods.Going to put new rims also KMC dimes in black with a chrome lip.Still staying with 20s the dimes are similar to the 07s.For the vibration i did balancing three times still had it .I will see what happens when i put the new rims on and see if it still does it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i have the exact wheels you are speaking of... 22" TIS 07 265/35 Kuhmo Tire... i have had them since July of 07... no problems what so ever. stock right height... stock springs... stock shocks... i have also had no problems with pot holes... i am actually selling my wheels/tires if you would like to buy them... i am trying to sell my car and it seems that it sells better stock for some reason.... :( here is my FS thread on the wheels > http://www.300cforums.com/forums/parts-buy-sell-forum/53515-fs-22-wheels-tires.html

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm running the TIS 07 as well. With the stock suspension you're going to be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts