Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
wow did you drop that? that setup looks amazing! im usually not a big fan of that rim style, but you sure pulled it off. gives it a very sporty look and an agressive stance!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looking Good FastMax! Who make those wheels and how much? Thanks

I'm about ready to put some 22's on my Black Beauty!

·
Registered
138 Posts
damn,that looks sweeet.how much did they slow you down?

·
Registered
3 Posts
rims

looks good!

fastmax1 said:
Let me know what you think.
Front 22x8.5 with 265/30
Rear 22x10.5 with 295/25

Sorry... I obviously have no idea how to properly post pics. File is to big...

·
Registered
823 Posts
That is by far, the slickest black SRT8 yet. Love it! Those iForged? Backspacing/offset on those wheels? I would've done 22x9s on the front, but I can see how the 8.5s will show off the "staggered" affect of the rear wheels more so than 22x9s.

Sweet! That sucker dropped? If not, I may not bother with KWs after all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These wheels are made by Intro. Scott from GS Motorsports hooked me up so he should be able to provide off-set info. The car has been lowered using the KW kit and I am really pleased with this set-up. I am sure that this tire/wheel package weighs more than the stock set-up (didnt actually weigh them) but since I have the GSM Stage-2 blower, I was more concerned with additional traction than weight. The Mich. PS2's stick really well and are quiet. The car still rides pretty decent, but you can definately notice the difference over sharp bumps, expansion joints & dots.

·
Registered
823 Posts
265/30s and 295/25s sure look nice, but those wheels wouldn't last 15 minutes in Seattle (ruts and potholes galore). Sure look good though!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Got any more pics? Use imageshack.us to post the big pics, and paste the thumbnails here.

Would love to see some profile pics and rear wheels shots. Looks bAD ASS!

·
Registered
118 Posts
You said Stage II

fastmax1 said:
These wheels are made by Intro. Scott from GS Motorsports hooked me up so he should be able to provide off-set info. The car has been lowered using the KW kit and I am really pleased with this set-up. I am sure that this tire/wheel package weighs more than the stock set-up (didnt actually weigh them) but since I have the GSM Stage-2 blower, I was more concerned with additional traction than weight. The Mich. PS2's stick really well and are quiet. The car still rides pretty decent, but you can definately notice the difference over sharp bumps, expansion joints & dots.

Please elaborate on your GSM supercharger setup;
> Is that the 10Psi Level? :banana:
> Did you get Heads or Intake work done? :smoker:
> Have you run it with that set-up yet? :wave:
> Engine Temps still Ok with more boost and the 180 + fan mod.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
fastmax1 said:
The wheels are 3 pc forged and tthis is a very strong and light wheel, we weighed them at the shop 22x10" 34.5 lbs, 22x9" 32.4 lbs. ea.

The idea for the SRT 8's is simple form and function or looks and performance.

Scott Quaranta
GS Motorsports

·
Registered
823 Posts
GSM said:
The wheels are 3 pc forged and tthis is a very strong and light wheel, we weighed them at the shop 22x10" 34.5 lbs, 22x9" 32.4 lbs. ea.

The idea for the SRT 8's is simple form and function or looks and performance.

Scott Quaranta
GS Motorsports
Dude said they're 10.5s. What's the backspacing on that? Can you fit a 285/35 tire there? 30 series or 25 series wouldn't last in Seattle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very Nice, Fastmax

fastmax1 said:
Let me know what you think.
Front 22x8.5 with 265/30
Rear 22x10.5 with 295/25

Sorry... I obviously have no idea how to properly post pics. File is to big...
I posted the question to the forum on whether or not to modify the wheels and stance of our SRT8s and surprisingly many intend to keep theirs stock. I personally will take delivery of my SRT8 either on 12/24 or 12/26 with every intention of installing 22s (and changing the grille) in the not too distant future.

I think what you've done here will make some of the SRT8 owners consider doing the same. Having said that, I was hoping you could give us feedback on the ride, etc. I'm sure it is noticeable but is it uncomfortable? No regrets? Also, how much did you drop the front and back? I am looking at 1/8in. in front and 5/8s at the back...265/35/22s all around.

Again, nice look...even nicer engine. Way to freakin' go.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i'll ask again,how much difference is there with the 22's...they will slow you down for those who dont know.i wanna know so when i do the same 22" swap i'll know what to expect.btw i noticed your rotors too.stock drilled or swapped out?who's?

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is one of the nicest SRT's I have seen.
:smoker:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the response... sorry I was unable to post a reply sooner. Since the initial thread I have had a chance to put a few miles on this set-up and I am very pleased. Please keep in mind that all of these modifications were done at the same time, so it is somewhat difficult to provide accurate feedback for each one. However, I am an ex-racer and I am somewhat capable of evaluating these modifications.

KW Level-2 Coilovers - I would rate these a 10. Considering the increased stiffness of these springs, I was really amazed at how compliant the ride was. I made a few minor adjustments to the rebound dampening, but they were pretty close stock. I dropped the whole car about 1" and then made some minor adjustments to balance each side.

Brakes - Stock rotors cross-drilled, slotted and nickle-plated with stock backing plates and Carbotech Bobcat ceramic pad. I have had a chance to put some miles on this set-up and they are performing flawlessly. No squealing, no dust and no rotor damage. Performance is equal to stock after a rather long break-in period.

Tires & Wheels - The PS2's are awesome... I went from the RSA's to these so there was a big change. I would not reccomend this set-up for those of you who have to dodge potholes all day, but here in So. Fla. they are working good. Ride is affected, but not as much as I anticipated. That being said, I am still very cautious of very sharp bumps and deep holes.

GSM Stage-2 - I am still in need of final tuning, but the power is very good. I was very unhappy with the installer, so I will withhold my evaluation of this system until I have had an opertunity to properly check-out everything. I will post HP & 1/4 mile times soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
can we get a little more info on the wheels......ive been searching the net for intro wheels and all i come up with are low rider style wheels not the ones yo have....so can we get a model name and or a website? thx jonathan :banana:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts