Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Firstly let me say hello. I have just joined this forum this morning as I have just bought a 300C CRD tourer in black with blacked out windows. It looks absoloutley brilliant.
To make it look even better I would like to add some 22" wheels. Can anyone advise if I need to fit spacers or do any other modifications to fit them? Also if anyone has any photos of there cars on 22" then post them as I am still unsre on which pones to buy.

Lastly is there any degradation in driving when on 22" wheels?

Thanks for any help. I'm sure this will be my first post of many.

Cheers
Glen

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Hello all

Firstly let me say hello. I have just joined this forum this morning as I have just bought a 300C CRD tourer in black with blacked out windows. It looks absoloutley brilliant.
To make it look even better I would like to add some 22" wheels. Can anyone advise if I need to fit spacers or do any other modifications to fit them? Also if anyone has any photos of there cars on 22" then post them as I am still unsre on which pones to buy.

Lastly is there any degradation in driving when on 22" wheels?

Thanks for any help. I'm sure this will be my first post of many.

Cheers
Glen
Morning and welcome to the forum,I'm not sure if anyone here has 22's fitted(watch the floodgates open now,lol).Best bet is to go on the tyres n wheels section on this forum,a lot of yanks have them fitted right up to 26's,they will put you right,good luck

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that to fit 22" wheels you have to turn the wheel arch return fully inwards i.e. fold it flat against the wing instead of at right angles. Otherwise the tyre will rub on the flange and damage the wing and tyre. Oh yes, and welcome to the forum - where abouts do you hail from? You should pop over to the Newbies page and stick a post on there - let our foreign cousins know you're around. You are just going to love your new car and thoroughly enjoy your time with the rest of us on this forum.
Cheers John

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi guys for the warm welcome. I may call in to my local whhel shop to get some advice. I dont fancy rolling the fender. It may be that I have to settle for 20". I'm suprised there are no UK cars on 22" wheels yet.

Oh and I am living in Coventry at the moment although originally from Liverpool.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
If you can make contact with 300XXc you will find he has an extensively modified 300C including the fitting of 22" wheels - and he lives in the W Midlands, but ........................................ he reckons he had to fit air suspension to stop the wheels rubbing. I checked and he has not as yet got himself set up to accept personal messages - but then on the other hand you yourself need to have been a member for 10 days and put up 10 posts before you can send him a PM anyway. You might want to post a new thread directed at him.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Welcome aboard!!..

22's by themselves don't rub, with 22x9 up front and 255/35 or 265/30 or shorter sidewall(yikes), unless you have improper offset or drop it over 1.5". Most problem you would have is hitting a dip or bump while turning. Rolling the lip is easy here, not sure about there, and cheap insurance against it hitting the fender in a rare case.

Get the 22"s.. but you'll want to lower it once you do, so be aware.LOL

Many don't roll and are fine.. I say pay the cheap insurance and so it, you can't tell it is done when you look at the car. and get 22"s.. they look good on this car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi glen , you can just fit 22"s on BUT you wont be able to carry passengers weighing more than a bag of sugar or drive it on British roads unless you intend to drive up and down a runway allday.

We tried this and eventually shelled out a lot of money on very expensive air variable suspension.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi Glen

Welcome to the forum, lots of useful infor in here, I am a relatively new member and I have had loads of help from loads of people, it truely is a fantastic way to get the info you need.

I like the startech 20" wheels, they look very nice, or what about some srt wheels also 20" I think, they good also

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi glen , you can just fit 22"s on BUT you wont be able to carry passengers weighing more than a bag of sugar or drive it on British roads unless you intend to drive up and down a runway allday.

We tried this and eventually shelled out a lot of money on very expensive air variable suspension.

thanks - this reply now worries me that the car will become undriveable on UK roads with all of our pot holes etc. Has anyone else had this problem? I am guessing your car is substantially heavier than a standard 300 as it is a convertible, with I am guessing extra underbody strengthening and a heavy frame for the hood?

Nice car by the way. I seen a black 300C convertible in Coventry a few months ago and got chatting to the owner who also had a Bentley. He was telling me he converts the cars, didnt get his name though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is not enough info on those wheels glen , no offset measurements etc.

We tried my wheels BEFORE the roof was chopped, 22",s are fine in the states on a standard car as the roads over there are pretty smooth, in the uk our roads are ****e and 22"s rub prolifically on the arches as soon as you go near a bump. You can either fit air suspension or i believe somewhere on here there is an article about a monroe uprated suspension setup that stiffens the car up and stops rub.

Dont buy any wheels unless they are GUARANTEED to fit on a 300 or you may end up with very expensive ornaments.

Was it this black convertible ?

The home of Chrysler Convertibles - the only affordable 4 door convertible in Europe - Home

If so you met my business partner (Neville) who does have a brand new Arnarge convertible (which doesnt look as good as the chrysler ):biggrin:

Wheels are here.

The home of Chrysler Convertibles - the only affordable 4 door convertible in Europe - Wheels

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
There is not enough info on those wheels glen , no offset measurements etc.

We tried my wheels BEFORE the roof was chopped, 22",s are fine in the states on a standard car as the roads over there are pretty smooth, in the uk our roads are ****e and 22"s rub prolifically on the arches as soon as you go near a bump. You can either fit air suspension or i believe somewhere on here there is an article about a monroe uprated suspension setup that stiffens the car up and stops rub.

Dont buy any wheels unless they are GUARANTEED to fit on a 300 or you may end up with very expensive ornaments.

Was it this black convertible ?

The home of Chrysler Convertibles - the only affordable 4 door convertible in Europe - Home

If so you met my business partner (Neville) who does have a brand new Arnarge convertible (which doesnt look as good as the chrysler ):biggrin:

Wheels are here.

The home of Chrysler Convertibles - the only affordable 4 door convertible in Europe - Wheels
Yep it was black, and looked absoloutley brilliant.

I still really fancy a set of 22s and may see if I can fit them and have a drive on them before I buy.

What is offset and how is it measured?

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Hi Glen,

Welcome to the forum. You will need to find out what offset those wheels are and also the stud/fitting (not sure on the correct term), the 300c is 5x115 some wheel suppliers are fitting 5x114.3 but some people have had problems with 114.3's (shaking steering to wheels coming loose). So best fit 5x115 and be safe.

Regards
Simon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the advice - what offset should I be looking for? I have seen 265 and 285 wide wheels. Is there a different offset required front and rear?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Front and rear offset is the same but you need slightly thinner tyres on the front ie 265 as 285 will rub on the inner wing when you turn.285 are fine on rear.

·
Registered
266 Posts
WELCOME!

22x 9.5's in the front 255/35
and 22x 10's in the back

Mine is NOT lowered and have had ZERO problems till date - just cant keep up with the compliments though :D. Trust me get those 2's on there and you are.Dont settle for any 22's make sure you got a fat lip going on 5"+ - it really does wonders to your look esp when the car is running and turning. You going to love it.

My .02 is DO NOT LOWER - save some moneys and get your ride bagged. With low profile tires you will defenitely feel more impact with bumps on the street and an air suspension will do you good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
22's...??? YES... GO FOR IT!!!

Hello and welcome to the forum...!!!

I have 22s on my lowered 300 and have had no problems --- except once when I had 3 (rather large) team mates in the back seat --- the car hit its bump-stop when I went too fast over a speed bump!! Additionally, my 300 has also been lowered by 1.5in; its riding on Eibachs and they are GREAT!!

I live in a primarily 'rural' area just outside of Harrogate and with the small country lanes and unimproved roads around here I was a bit nervous at first but it has NOT caused me any problems/concerns.

In my opinion rolling the fenders isnt really needed unless you make a lot of tight, hard-lock turns, carry a lot of extra weight or transport a bunch of heavy stuff... which are not really what the 300 was built for anyway! (Not a taxi or delivery vehicle.) But I regularly carry 4 of us around town and on the motorway and have had no issues with the 22s.

PS: I will be selling my Lowenhart LD-1 style wheels (with tyres) --- if youre interested. Excellent condition, no nicks, curb rash, rust or peeling. Tyres only have about 3k miles on them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello and welcome to the forum...!!!

I have 22s on my lowered 300 and have had no problems --- except once when I had 3 (rather large) team mates in the back seat --- the car hit its bump-stop when I went too fast over a speed bump!! Additionally, my 300 has also been lowered by 1.5in; its riding on Eibachs and they are GREAT!!

I live in a primarily 'rural' area just outside of Harrogate and with the small country lanes and unimproved roads around here I was a bit nervous at first but it has NOT caused me any problems/concerns.

In my opinion rolling the fenders isnt really needed unless you make a lot of tight, hard-lock turns, carry a lot of extra weight or transport a bunch of heavy stuff... which are not really what the 300 was built for anyway! (Not a taxi or delivery vehicle.) But I regularly carry 4 of us around town and on the motorway and have had no issues with the 22s.

PS: I will be selling my Lowenhart LD-1 style wheels (with tyres) --- if youre interested. Excellent condition, no nicks, curb rash, rust or peeling. Tyres only have about 3k miles on them.

Do you have any pictures? Not sure what they look like. Also how much you selling for?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts