Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.. so i got 22s (265/35/22) about two weeks ago.. my speedo was off by about 3mph.. when my speedo read 80, i was actually doing 83mph

today i got my speedo calibrated via StarScan.. now when my speedo reads 80, im actually doing 75mph.. so its off even more.. but atleast this might prevent a speeding ticket :)

at any rate, i was wondering what everyone has done so the speedo can be accurate...

i have a 2007 BASE model 300 (215/65/17 OEM).. i stress "base" model because when you hook up the base model 300 to the StarScan, you have fewer options for different tire sizes

thanks in advance,
D

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I didn't bother with recalibration. I drive on my 22s less then my stockers.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I just used my Flashpaq and set the tire size to correspond to my 22's....

I usually drive the speed limit + 5-6mph, so I don't worry anyway.... but sometimes I do drive around 80-90 and it doesn't matter at that point. ;)

Got tired of F1 driving all the time living in Germany for so long... nice to slow down and smell the flowers....

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
If you don't have a preference, reverting back to the original settings will make your mileage warranty last longer. With taller tires, and the original stock calibration, you will extend your warranty miles because you are adding fewer miles to the odometer than you are actually traveling.
Also with your current set-up, your mileage warranty will be shortened, and your oil changes/service frequency will be sooner than necessary.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just used my Flashpaq and set the tire size to correspond to my 22's....

I usually drive the speed limit + 5-6mph, so I don't worry anyway.... but sometimes I do drive around 80-90 and it doesn't matter at that point. ;)

Got tired of F1 driving all the time living in Germany for so long... nice to slow down and smell the flowers....
did the flaspaq have the option to put in a tire size manually?

the starscan you just gotta find a tire size that "corresponds" in diameter, circumference, etc to the 22s

·
Registered
613 Posts
the warranty thing doesnt matter to me.. i have lifetime bumper to bumper...
Yes but now they have proof u have done wheel upgrades and have a reason to deny suspension and possible transmission and driveshaft warranty work.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why would they deny such work? theyve seen my car, love it, and never said a word. plus, my rims weigh 2 pounds more than stock.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
22" dropstars on a 265/35/22 weigh 2 lbs more then stockers w/ 215/65/17? I find that hard to believe. There is a 10lb difference in tires alone.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
did the flaspaq have the option to put in a tire size manually?

the starscan you just gotta find a tire size that "corresponds" in diameter, circumference, etc to the 22s
Yep, input tire size manually. I imagine the predator can do the same thing with more tuning flexibility thrown in..

·
Registered
613 Posts
why would they deny such work? theyve seen my car, love it, and never said a word. plus, my rims weigh 2 pounds more than stock.
I am sure they love your car but when it comes to warranty work they will try any excuse necessary. I am sure that they have a pretty good case seeing as how they are not factory installed and can cause excessive wear on certain steering, suspension and drivetrain parts. It is not so much the weight but where the weight is distributed and the necessary torque to get the wheels moving and stopped. I remove my wheels any time it has to go in not only so the can't use it as an excuse but so they don't scratch them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a Flash paq, and ds02's and just recalibrated the speedo last night, I also have 265/35/22 tires, and it calculates to 29.30 inches, which is what you put in the size diameter section. Easy and can be uninstalled whenever you want.

-Ben

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont have a flashpaq registered to my VIN. i reverted the settings back to OEM via starscan, and now my speedo is only about 2-3mph off.. not bad.

also, as a side note, i havent lost a single MPG from my gas mileage :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
i dont have a flashpaq registered to my VIN. i reverted the settings back to OEM via starscan, and now my speedo is only about 2-3mph off.. not bad.

also, as a side note, i havent lost a single MPG from my gas mileage :)
Same with me. It is off a few MPH, theres one of those things that tell you your speed on the side of the rode when i drive to work, i tested it out there. Im not worried about it at all, if it was 5+ MPH off then id do something about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts