Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got back from some exhilirating city driving with a friend who installed 22" ASANTI AF132s (265/35/22) wheels on his SRT-8. Surprisingly it handled extremely well. He wanted to dispell my concerns regarding ride quality, stopping power, and "the shimmies". Safe to say I think I am convinced. Mind you we were not on the track....but boy, that beast went from 80-130 faster than my drool hit my chin. The ride was orgasmic. I'm still trembling. :smirk:

I was hoping the group had input on what wheels would fit and what would be the best both aesthetically and performance wise. It is difficult to find online merchants (Tirerack.com only offers 20" for now) that have the correct fitments.

Price should not be an issue with this mod, I think. It might already be sacrilegious to go +2 so if we were to GO THERE then our babies deserve the best shoes, don't you agree?

The kind people at www.hennessey.com are sending me some photoshopped pics of a black SRT-8 on their wheels. I'll share those with you all soon. In the meantime what would you recommend?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Its your car and you can do whatever you want to it. But IMO the SRT8 comes complete from the factory. Amazing power, amazing seats and best of all the best looking wheels I have ever seen on a 300. I think puting an aftermarket wheel on a SRT8 will steal away from its already great appearance. But again thats only my opinon, let us know what you decide.
And if you do add the 22s post pics.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Point taken. And believe me it will be a difficult decision. That is why I've opened this up for discussion. If and when I do decide to go with a bigger wheel it will be after an exhaustive and intelligent search through this forum and its members. And if do decide to leave it stock it will also be because of the feedback from the forum.

Ultimately the decision shall be based on how far I intend to push the vehicle and that is why I am leaning towards the bigger wheel. I enjoy the rush of driving a fast car but in no way, shape, or form am I even close to finding the SRT8s full potential unlike many of you here.

Having said that the prospect of BLACK AND CHROME becomes more appealing to me each day. The stock wheels will always be in the garage just in case I find the guts to go test my skills on a track.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Ashantis are spendy forged wheels. I'm not surprised they wouldn't adversely affect the performance of the car.

However, I can bet money on RWHP has dropped some with the heavier 22s, but not enough to feel. Just like how a CAI with 5-8 rwhp wouldn't be felt.

The right 22s (no bling please) can look awesome on an SRT8:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Very nice. No denying the wow factor on those two cars. Again, it only compliments the already sporty look of the SRT-8. I'm sure if Chip Foose were to get his hands on one he'd go with the bigger wheel.

Also, a correction on my plug for Hennessey, its: www.hennesseywheels.com

·
Registered
73 Posts
SRT8C said:
Its your car and you can do whatever you want to it. But IMO the SRT8 comes complete from the factory. Amazing power, amazing seats and best of all the best looking wheels I have ever seen on a 300. I think puting an aftermarket wheel on a SRT8 will steal away from its already great appearance.

Thanks
I agree, plus it will hurt your bottom end power. If you do put me on the list for your stockers

·
Registered
30 Posts
bugszsrt said:
I agree, plus it will hurt your bottom end power. If you do put me on the list for your stockers
I just bought 22" TIS 07's and I would have to say it certainly hugs the corners. As for bling factor I tried to keep it sporty. I do notice alot more cracks and bumps for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Having said that the prospect of BLACK AND CHROME becomes more appealing to me each day. The stock wheels will always be in the garage just in case I find the guts to go test my skills on a track.[/QUOTE said:
If you like the idea of black and chrome, try chroming the stock wheels they look great. As a matter of fact there is a forum member here who has a black SRT8 and chromed his factory wheels..............still looks sporty, classy and magnificant. He has pictures posted on the forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Johnny Vig said:
Can you post some pics of your friends SRT 8 with the 22's?
I'll see what I can do to get some pics of the 22" Asanti's...he lives on the other side of the island though. Maybe one weekend I'll set up a shoot. :wink1:

·
Registered
354 Posts
joeduavit said:
I'll see what I can do to get some pics of the 22" Asanti's...he lives on the other side of the island though. Maybe one weekend I'll set up a shoot. :wink1:
Or just have him take the pics and email them to you. I am sure he has a digital camera if he has money to spend on rims.....lol. :wink1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts