Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there be any problems with putting 22's on the AWD that wouldn't happen with the RWD? Is there anyone that has 22's on their AWD? Any rubbing or bolt problems? I am looking at 22X9.5 TIS 03s as well as some others but I don't want to order anything if there are going to be problems.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Don't order them. You have to find 22" by 8-9" wheels and find a guy whom can make these fit. From my understanding of what my wheel guy said, you need to have front wheel drive wheels to make this work. What ever that means. Good luck and trust your wheel guys. TIS won't work unless they are the FWD ones.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered up 20" wheels for my 300C AWD ... took my tire guy a bunch phone calls to get the right wheels (offsets, etc) ... they need to match the specs and there are not a lot of rims available to match the specs. Not sure, but 22's on an AWD might need a wheel well mod.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I know a guy that got some Pistola 22's on his AWD. You don't need to roll the fender. You only need a smaller width wheel with a shop that knows how to compensate for the offset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rizzo,
Would you mind sending out a contact of your tire guy? I've been looking for '20 wheels for my 300c AWD and nobody seems to have any answers. Do you have any pics yet of yours?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here are pics of the 20" wheels I had put on my 300C today. Zinik Kahn's (decided against the Adrians) with Nitto 420S - if you want more info let me know

B8T4COPS said:
Rizzo,
Would you mind sending out a contact of your tire guy? I've been looking for '20 wheels for my 300c AWD and nobody seems to have any answers. Do you have any pics yet of yours?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
tires

Rizzo

What size tires are thous? And hows the ride?

·
Registered
63 Posts
300c Awd

We Have Done A Few Sets On Awd 300c's. Most Of Them Have Been With 22's. These Wheels Were 22x9.5 42mm Offset And We Had No Problem. Tires Used Are 265/35/22 Pirelli.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Eric - the tires are Nitto 420S (8.5") ... 255/45R20. Only put about 50 miles on with them so far, ride is as (so far) as stock, handling is significantly better

Scarbrs said:
Rizzo

What size tires are thous? And hows the ride?

·
Registered
845 Posts
spnky98,
I thought I saw a post where someone said that your wheels stick out and are not inline with the body. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Rizzo,
I take it your wheel guy told you have to stick with 8.5"s to make them fit right. I'm having a hard time finding 22"s with 8.5"'s

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes - I stayed with 20"s for the fit ... anything bigger seemed like it would be too big a deal to make fit on the AWD.

turbohips said:
Rizzo,
I take it your wheel guy told you have to stick with 8.5"s to make them fit right. I'm having a hard time finding 22"s with 8.5"'s

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sticking out.

I know for a fact that those wheels are sticking out, but don't get me wrong they look good. When you go from a 55mm offset to a 42mm offset they will definitly stick out, if you custom make a 55mm wheel then we will loose the wide lip on the wheel that looks so cool, BUT it won't stick out, everything else will.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wheelz

TURBOHIPS,
The wheels were to the outer edge of the wheel well for sure. But there was no rubbing, and at the time that was the first AWD that we attempted to do. But the wheels did not stick out of the wheel well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts