Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
wassup
I just put some 22's on the other day with tires 265/35 pirelli's scorpions and its VERY close to the "arms" sometimes when reversing and turning it rubs. I hear about all these stories about how people put 22's on with no problems, I'm just wondering if anyone has this issue also.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
it sounds like maybe your offset is to low I have 22's with +15 offset and everything is fine

you dont want to be rubbing that knob (LOL) that could be very bad for your tires and could pop one easy

I would go back to where you bought them and see what the deal is

·
Registered
82 Posts
sik300c said:
wassup
I just put some 22's on the other day with tires 265/35 pirelli's scorpions and its VERY close to the "arms" sometimes when reversing and turning it rubs. I hear about all these stories about how people put 22's on with no problems, I'm just wondering if anyone has this issue also.

If they are rubbing at low speeds when reversing or turning. Imagine when you are on the highway and the tires are heated up and you start scraping that bolt. I drove for a whole week with no rub. I took a road trip and hit some 80-100mph spurts and when I got to the destination I had rubber shavings on the wheel. I shave that nut even with the bolt. It hasn't rubbed again. I do have a slight groove on the tire still though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the info, but to make things clear it does NOT rub (or at least nothing big enough where I could feel or hear it) while driving normally, only while reversing with the steering wheel ALL the way turned at the same time THEN I get slight rubbing. I just wanted to see if others had the same "closeness" to the arm as mine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yes this is a common problem when running a 22x9.5 +18mm offset wheel with a 265/35/22 tire. Many people are getting very minor rubbing ONLY at full turn in reverse. Mine rubs as well, but I never make full turns in reverse anymore and havent had a problem since. If you go to a +15mm offset then you wont have this problem. hope this helps

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've had this problem when I first got my rims. I have the TIS rims which are +18mm so I guess all 18mm wheels have the same problem. I don't cut my wheel to far left or right no more and everything is fine. You just have to get use to the 22's and respect the +4 sizing and you should be fine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ink said:
yes this is a common problem when running a 22x9.5 +18mm offset wheel with a 265/35/22 tire. Many people are getting very minor rubbing ONLY at full turn in reverse. Mine rubs as well, but I never make full turns in reverse anymore and havent had a problem since. If you go to a +15mm offset then you wont have this problem. hope this helps

have you made any high speed exteneded road trips or mostly city driving? Mine did not rub at all for the first week of city driving. It only rubbed after a long high speed road trips.

·
Registered
99 Posts
have you made any high speed exteneded road trips or mostly city driving? Mine did not rub at all for the first week of city driving. It only rubbed after a long high speed road trips.
Yes I have done plenty of both. Mine rubbed as soon as I put the 22's on.....it did not happen only after long road trips.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So you need to go with a 15 offset but do you still have to shave the bolt or would it be good like that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the responses, I have been adapting to not make those full turn reverses anymore. My wheels and tires are BRAND new and I only have driven short distances, so maybe after a while it will wear down a bit and not rub anymore. And I still rather have 22's with this slight issue than havin 20's :banana:

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey sik does your tires rub at all in the rear? specialy when you carry people on the back or when you bottom out the rear springs because of some streets not being even at higher speeds. im thinking of going the 22 inch way myself but have to ask first before investing $$$ thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts