Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you have asked how the Hotchkis springs and anti-sway bars would work out with 22's.
Since they were in R&D, and I was riding stock, I couldn't answer your questions so, in the name of research, I put 22's on her!!

The car still handles beautifully with this setup; there is no discernible degradation in ride quality or braking efficacy and absolutely no issues with rubbing or bottoming out.
As for any second-guesses I had about bringing the rear down a bit more, those are gone... the slight rake is natural for this car and I don't want to sacrifice ride quality or worry about carrying passengers, but most of all, the ratio between the top of the wheel rim to the top of the fender well, both front and back, appears even to the naked eye, as you can see in the pics... so why quibble over a fraction of an inch?

I always thought I would only consider 20's for this car, but I think the new look is pretty sweet.

See for yourself...
(click pics to go to the gallery, then click again for enlarged views)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
at this point i am kicking myself in the cabesa for not immediately answering the "need a car" ad from hotchkis here in the forum...saw it sitting their all alone, naked to the world, just asking to be answered but did i??? noooooooo. looks awesome linda, arent those fatchancemobile rims as well?

so your saying i can now wield 22's and retain the ride of kings, and get better handling, and look better? lets get the experimentation done and get these springs to market! dont they need a 2nd tester with a black C? i hear the black c's need special attention ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Congrats Linda. The ride is looking really good.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eudaman said:
at this point i am kicking myself in the cabesa for not immediately answering the "need a car" ad from hotchkis here in the forum...saw it sitting their all alone, naked to the world, just asking to be answered but did i??? noooooooo. looks awesome linda, arent those fatchancemobile rims as well?

so your saying i can now wield 22's and retain the ride of kings, and get better handling, and look better? lets get the experimentation done and get these springs to market! dont they need a 2nd tester with a black C? i hear the black c's need special attention ;-)
Yes Bart, that is exactly what I'm saying... the sway bars hit the market already and are available through Tbyrne... he posted yesterday.
I believe Hotchkis was waiting on my final word on the coils, which I gave them today, so those should be available very soon as well.

If you wanna come out and take a drive, you're welcome.
I have a 5-day car show Wed-Sun, but next week sometime would work - PM me if you wish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Some of you have asked how the Hotchkis springs and anti-sway bars would work out with 22's...

I always thought I would only consider 20's for this car, but I think the new look is pretty sweet...
Whoa, Linda, how right you are! What a *gorgeous* ride!

I tell ya', gal, you're a class act.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,572 Posts
Linda, your car is absolutely PERFECT now! I think you're done now. Well you know if I was you, it would have 20% tint though...hehe. Everything you did to it is right on. Congratulations!!! :fing02: :fing02: (I hope those mean 2 thumbs up) :You_Rock_

Rambit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
Linda...with the 22's it is absolutely SPOT ON! Looks incredible, and great wheel choice.

Let me pick my jaw up off my keyboard....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
I put Eibachs on my car this past Saturday and can see you too were a busy bee!

Looks GREAT! Is this a permanent addition? I sure hope so...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rogue said:
I put Eibachs on my car this past Saturday and can see you too were a busy bee!

Looks GREAT! Is this a permanent addition? I sure hope so...
So does that mean you have your car back? If so man, get a thread started we've all been waiting for the big reveal!!!

As for your question... this new suspension setup is a definite keeper :beerchug: :fing02: :arms:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
for those who are interested, i called hotchkis today, they said the springs should be on the market and available within 1 to 2 weeks max :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
823 Posts
Are those springs make the car sit lower than Eibachs?

Car looks awesome!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
teahead said:
Are those springs make the car sit lower than Eibachs?
Car looks awesome!
Thanks teahead! The Eibachs are lower at a 1.6" and 2.0" drop.
You can find the specs for the Hotchkis setup in my earlier thread here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
Lady Hemeee...

it looks as sweet as you!!!

y'know, it almost looks like a SR... - :biggrin:

by the way, what is the tint level you went with?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,572 Posts
cbutler32 said:
it looks as sweet as you!!!

y'know, it almost looks like a SR... - :biggrin:

by the way, what is the tint level you went with?
I'm answering this for you Linda...so there!!! I've been trying to convince her to do 20%. Hers is 35%. Go for it, do the 20%,,,hehehe

Rambit
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rambit said:
I'm answering this for you Linda...so there!!! I've been trying to convince her to do 20%. Hers is 35%. Go for it, do the 20%,,,hehehe

Rambit
thank you Chris, and yes, mine is 35%... enough to provide some protection and the "look" I wanted, but not so much that it attracts unwanted attention from those cute men in uniform with those funny little black & white vehicles...
Don't listen to Rambit... he feeds the cops up there free pizza so he won't have a problem :slap:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,098 Posts
Awesome pictures!!! They make me think a little more about upgrading my 20s but I have to deal with potholes out here in New England.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
an idea...

can we get a thread sticky with pictures of fourm member's cars with their % of tint?
we have yours at 35%, let's have a couple of others so we have something to view and compare...
Thanks!!!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cbutler32 said:
can we get a thread sticky with pictures of fourm member's cars with their % of tint?
we have yours at 35%, let's have a couple of others so we have something to view and compare...
Thanks!!!
The problem with that is it would be meaningless unless all the photos were shot under the same conditions due to lighting, resolution, background, angle, etc.
Best thing to do is check out some cars at our next meet, or go to a tint shop that has all levels of tint on a display that you can compare side-by-side.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top