Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so I just bought Lorenzo WL12's for my ride. Their 22x9.5 in the front and 22x11 in the rear.

The guy that installed them put a 30 series on the front, and a 25 series on the rear. I'm trying to figure out why. He is out of town for the weekend, and I want to go to him informed on Monday to fix the problem. I truly think the 25 on the rear is way to small and even the 30's are to small for the front. What recommendations can you guys give me.

Also I wanna drop the car like 1 inch all the way around. Can I do this with 22x11's and do I have to mod the fenders?

Thakx,

300Hooah

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok...so I just bought Lorenzo WL12's for my ride. Their 22x9.5 in the front and 22x11 in the rear.

The guy that installed them put a 30 series on the front, and a 25 series on the rear. I'm trying to figure out why. He is out of town for the weekend, and I want to go to him informed on Monday to fix the problem. I truly think the 25 on the rear is way to small and even the 30's are to small for the front. What recommendations can you guys give me.

Also I wanna drop the car like 1 inch all the way around. Can I do this with 22x11's and do I have to mod the fenders?

Thakx,

300Hooah
I use to have an Audi with all wheel drive and staggered wheels and found out why they do this. The reason they do that is cause you have staggered wheels with really wide rear wheels . The rear tires are so wide they have alot of rubber. By getting a higher series in front and 25 in back you even out the front and back height they will spin with same radius. 22x11 are pretty wide but looks tight! I wish my rear wheels were that wide, I like the staggered look too. Also depending on how low the person who had this could affect the tire series choice. You can get larger series tires but not sure how low you may drop it with bigger series tires.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
depending on the brand m most dont make a wider tire than 295/25 so if you lower it it should make it look better. or find some 315/30....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tire series as you put it, isn't an actual measurement like the width and rim diameter values you see on the side of the tire. It's an aspect ratio that is calculated based on the width of the tire divided by the sidewall height.
yokohamatire.com/utaspect.asp
An example off the top of my head would be 245/40/19 vs. 285/35/19. Which tire would you think has the taller sidewall and bigger overall diameter? The 285/35/19.

Your rims are staggered and your tires should be as well. Most staggered setups don't run the same aspect ratios front and rear, because the wider rear tires. It's pretty hard to run a staggered setup and have tires that are staggered as well match up in terms of overall diameter, you just choose the setup that comes the closes.
Plug in the tire sizes you have here:
ww w.10 10 tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp (no spaces)
Check out the the overall diameter and sidewall height, they should be fairly close if setup correctly.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
is the offset right or is it stickin out .. ?? pix to small .. love them though and go for the drop it will matter alot and will have the sweeetest stance :)

JUST DO IT ...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Based on your pic's are you planning to lower the car??? I've been running 255/30/22 and 295/25/22 tires for almost 3 years. IMO I wouldn't do it any other way, but that's just me.

ARE THOSE THE CF FENDERS? I LIKE THAT LOOKS DIFFERENT WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE FROM?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
They are Carbon Fiber fenders. In fact in the next couple of weeks the hood ,trunk and fenders will all be carbon fiber. I had them made by Extreme Dimensions and should be available soon.

As for the 11's the off set has to be dead on. I was running 22x 11 a couple of years ago for a while. They fit but it was a tight fit.

ARE THOSE THE CF FENDERS? I LIKE THAT LOOKS DIFFERENT WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE FROM?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry it took so long for me to get back...you guys have been a great help...i appreciate it...i'm gonna stick with what i got...your opinion matter to me, and im gonna now work on trying to figure out how Chrysless25 got that tucked look???...that's sick...mine stick out like 1-1.25 inches???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts