Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had 4 new tyres fitted, and notice that they have replaced my 245/45-20 original tyres with 245/40-20 tyres (and charged for that size).

1. Apart from a slight inaccuracy with the speedo, will this change cause any problems?

2. Has anybody else fitted 245/40-20 tyres all round?

3. By the way, tyres are Nexen N3000. Anyone else fitted these?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have 245 x 40 x 20 on the front with startech alloys, don't have any problems, I am running 275 x 35 x 20 on the rear. they are the same circumference

·
Registered
841 Posts
http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

If I was you I'd go back & insist on the correct size being fitted. If they didn't ask you first they have no right to change from the correct size. I'd guess it was probably just the fitter who didn't look at the size on the std tyre correctly though.
You should run the correct size or inform your insurance company that you use non std size tyres!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Nexen are budget tyres,you did know that?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

If I was you I'd go back & insist on the correct size being fitted. If they didn't ask you first they have no right to change from the correct size. I'd guess it was probably just the fitter who didn't look at the size on the std tyre correctly though.
You should run the correct size or inform your insurance company that you use non std size tyres!
Thanks for various replies, but steelblue was of course correct. The 'Farmers' were very apologetic, and replaced the wrong sized tyres with Yokohama 245/45-20 V802 tyres without question (Nexen don't make '45's). All ok now. I must say though that the Nexen tyres may be budget tyres but they ran almost silently. I had run them for 130 miles before the replacements were available. Yokos are about the same volume level of road noise as the original Goodyear Eagles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts