Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
yeh with 24s i think you can only get 2 different types, the very popular pirelli 275/25/24 or i hear you can get hankook 255/30/24

im using the 25 profile and i believe this one is better

·
Registered
32 Posts
no problem my ass

only if you have a 25 series tire (2,000 for a set of 4), the correct backspacing wheel, and correct offset, yes, no problem.
No problem with a 25 series tire? Did you smoke your breakfast? I just came home from the rim shop and i am pissed as hell. They tried mounting up 24x9's.
Guess what there was a problem. The upper control arm bolt grinds into the tire. So now I have to find someplace that will grind the bolt down for me or figure out how to do it so I can fit my new rims on.

Im sorry if i sound like an a$$hole. Im just really pissed that i kept hearing from everybody, the rim shop included that they would fit no problem, and they dont.

·
Registered
56 Posts
it's not very hard to do, and it takes about 5 mins a side. all you need is a hand grinder of a dremel and gring whats left of the threads off to the bottom of the nut. that should fix your problems.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
No problem with a 25 series tire? Did you smoke your breakfast? I just came home from the rim shop and i am pissed as hell. They tried mounting up 24x9's.
Guess what there was a problem. The upper control arm bolt grinds into the tire. So now I have to find someplace that will grind the bolt down for me or figure out how to do it so I can fit my new rims on.

Im sorry if i sound like an a$$hole. Im just really pissed that i kept hearing from everybody, the rim shop included that they would fit no problem, and they dont.

fyi this is a 3 year old thread...

·
Registered
2 Posts
24s on Chrysler

Reading this thread I thought it was also best if I ask more experienced Chrysler 300 c owners who have 24s on their cars for their opinion.
Well basically im from England and 24s on any car or 4x4 for that matter are unheard of in this part of the world so im thinking of trying this. Nobody in England sells 24 inch alloys therefore im purchasing them from america and have found a attractive set of 24s which claim to fit a Chrysler 300 c.
I have posted a link of the rims from ebay.
They are running on 275/25/24 tyres and the size is 24X10 and are 5x115x15(dont have a clue what them numbers mean) and would like to know if they would fit directly on my car as oppose to modifications.
Regards
ZO

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm based in the UK and I'm running 24's. I too went on the import route for my wheels and whilst you get more choice and save some money it can be a major headache if something goes wrong. In my case one of the centres of my wheels didn't match the other and eventually I managed to get them to take it back and exchange it.

On the numbers you are quoting, 5 x 115 is the bolt pattern, which correct, and the 15 is the offset.

My wheels are 24 x 9 on 275/24 tyres and have the same offset and bolt pattern as the wheels you mentioned. To make them I had to shave down the bolt and also some of the nut that are on the ball joint above the front tyre. In the end I did it myself as the garage I took it to didn't do a good job as it was still rubbing. Sometimes you need to get the wheel arches rolled, though I didn't have to do so.

Might be worth checking if any of the garages near you are able to fit 24" tyres as I found out that none of the better ones in my area do, though thankfully I've found someone who can now do the job. Also check to see with the wheel supplier if you are going to need any hub centric rings.

Final bit of advice would be to take them off in the winter if potholes are a major problem in your area. I'm going back to 20"s between October and March.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm based in the UK and I'm running 24's. I too went on the import route for my wheels and whilst you get more choice and save some money it can be a major headache if something goes wrong. In my case one of the centres of my wheels didn't match the other and eventually I managed to get them to take it back and exchange it.

On the numbers you are quoting, 5 x 115 is the bolt pattern, which correct, and the 15 is the offset.

My wheels are 24 x 9 on 275/24 tyres and have the same offset and bolt pattern as the wheels you mentioned. To make them I had to shave down the bolt and also some of the nut that are on the ball joint above the front tyre. In the end I did it myself as the garage I took it to didn't do a good job as it was still rubbing. Sometimes you need to get the wheel arches rolled, though I didn't have to do so.

Might be worth checking if any of the garages near you are able to fit 24" tyres as I found out that none of the better ones in my area do, though thankfully I've found someone who can now do the job. Also check to see with the wheel supplier if you are going to need any hub centric rings.

Final bit of advice would be to take them off in the winter if potholes are a major problem in your area. I'm going back to 20"s between October and March.
Wow .. that is such a coincidence id never have thought I would be talking to some one from the u.k about this problem its comforting .. and yeah ive heard from a lot of people on here and on looking at some other threads on Google that it can be a bit of a headache but I love a challenge so will certainly try it .. I have inquired today regarding the modifications of the alloys and have come across a few companies around my city that are willing to assist.
The alloys are on the american ebay site from a company called llc customs

They do have pictures of the alloys already fitted to a Chrysler 300 c for illustration purposes so am assuming that other then the shaving of the bolts and the rolling of the arches there will be no other confusions that may occur and as for yourself being in the U.k and rolling on 24s ..u must be the talk of the town lol
do you have any pictures that you could post of your Chrysler on 24s.I would be interested to see it.
lastly much regards for picking up on my problem and making an effort to message me back, really appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently put 24's on my 2014 300S. I didn't grind anything or do anything extra. Just have to be more careful over bumps and potholes.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts