Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 07 SRT and the 255/45's are on the front and the 245/45's are on the back...Is this the way they are supposed to be??? I have a set of Charger SRT wheels with the same tires but i ran the 255's in the back...I'm confused...:confused:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no body knows????

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I imagine someone rotated the tires not knowing they were staggered....

wider should be on the back..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i thought so, the tires were replaced before i bought the car, i have to go back to the dealer today and pick up my nav disc, trunk net, and replacement tire pump in the trunk as they were all missing when i picked up the car...thanks guys ill get this fixed immediately, i knew something was outta place...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just picked up an 07 SRT and the 255/45's are on the front and the 245/45's are on the back...Is this the way they are supposed to be??? I have a set of Charger SRT wheels with the same tires but i ran the 255's in the back...I'm confused...:confused:

When I got my '06, the 245s were on the left and the 255s were on the right.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, could you feel the angle at all when you were driving??? i could feel how different the steering felt with the larger tires on the front...

·
Registered
62 Posts
LOL, could you feel the angle at all when you were driving??? i could feel how different the steering felt with the larger tires on the front...

No; I actually put 900 miles on it before I noticed (by looking at the tires one afternoon). Still I was worried about alignment issues.
Took it to NTB immediately for the swap (no charge, thanks guys!) No harm done though. All is well now. 3825 miles so far. She's the greatest car ever:biggrin:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bad rotation

It is surely backward.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Jeez, this is getting all too familiar lately. I think this is the 2nd time I've seen this posted here and it wasn't all that long ago. Someone even had a combination of F1's and RSA's on their car. Might be worth checking that little tid bit out too. Maybe you got the other set...haha. Everyone who's said 255's on the rear and 245's on the front is right.

Now if you wanted to go with 255's front and rear that's fine even though the SRT Engineers say not to, plenty have done it.

Bernie

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had it taken care of today...I knew something was fishy especially when braking from speeds above 45, i could just feel it...I got out and checked thats when i noticed 255/45:pat: what the hell is this? so i check the rear tires and they are 245, so the tires were probably rotated at the dealer before i picked it up, and the person who did the rotation wasn't up to par on the rotation procedures for a SRT with staggered fit ment tires. And they are all F-1's, I have the exact same set of tires on Charger SRT8 wheels and i always ran the larger tire in the rear.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
at least you only drove yours 900 miles like that....i didnt notice mine till i was about to buy a new set of rears...since the tires were put on wrong i burned out one 245 and one 255 i had to replace all the tires so i went to 255/45/20 on all four...and i didnt feel the difference in the ride...go figure:pat:

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
LOL. I got all 245s ;)

There shouldn't be much of a diff really, 245 vs 255 is a width difference of 1cm, right? Now if you were running 45 series tires on one side and 55 on the other, that'd be freaky!

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
LOL. I got all 245s ;)

There shouldn't be much of a diff really, 245 vs 255 is a width difference of 1cm, right? Now if you were running 45 series tires on one side and 55 on the other, that'd be freaky!
Actually it's a lot greater difference than that. The "45" sidewall is a percentage of the treadwidth.

In other words:

245/45/20 is 28.7 inches tall with a tread width of 9.6 inches (245mm).

255/45/20 is 29.1 inches tall with a tread width of 10 inches (255mm).

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Ya know, looking at what I just wrote, when you convert inches to cm (2.54cm = 1 inch), you're figure is not that far off.

Bernie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts