Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pat: hello, someone knows if 275/40/20 will fit in front, and if i will have suspention problems with that size.

·
Registered
339 Posts
user LEX on LXF hasthem and reported no issues. I dont think he was lowered at all.

I have 265 45 20 front and 295 40 20 rears, I have a small rub front on full lock turns, nothing big.

I have a slight rub when I have 200#+ of cargo in the back of my Magnum.

I have been lowered about 1 to 1.25 inches as well. Hotchkis TVS kit.

click on the link in my sig for some pictures

-Robert

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going to lowring it 1,6" with heibach pro kit and the only reason that im will put 275/40/20 its cause i cant found 255/45/20 in suisse.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
I have 275/40/20 with an 18mm offset they fit with no problems. pixelpusher has the same size tires and has his lowered and has no problems.

·
Banned
88 Posts
275/40R20's will fit fine as long as your wheel is minimum 9" wide. A 275/40R20 fits 9"-11" wide wheels, so ideally you would want a 10" wide wheel for the best fit.
If your wheel isn't that wide i suggest looking for a 245/45R20 wich fits 7.5"-9" wide wheels.

blackc said:
:pat: hello, someone knows if 275/40/20 will fit in front, and if i will have suspention problems with that size.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
275/40R20's will fit fine as long as your wheel is minimum 9" wide. A 275/40R20 fits 9"-11" wide wheels, so ideally you would want a 10" wide wheel for the best fit.
If your wheel isn't that wide i suggest looking for a 245/45R20 wich fits 7.5"-9" wide wheels.
Yep that is what I am having to do. The 275/35or40/20 needs to be on a 9" or wider wheel.

The Bonspeeds are only going as wide as 8.5" for there fronts. I tried, but no 9" being made by them for the front. So I am forced to go with the much smaller 255 up front. They are running a 10" in back so the 295/40/20 will fit in back, just will be a tight fit.

I still don't know why wheel Co are not making 9" be the min size width they should start with. Especially for sedans. My Impala SS forgelines were 9.5" and carried a 275/40 so well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you, but when i make the tire size calculator they show that 270/45/20 its the best match to stock

·
Banned
88 Posts
Sure it might fit, but then again an XL jacket may fit you as well, when you only really need a Large. If you just want to throw something on, and don't care how it looks or fits, go ahead. I am just telling you what fits RIGHT :01:

GEN XER said:
My wheel is 8.5" wide and my tires fit fine. I just keep them inflated to 40 psi or better.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Sure it might fit, but then again an XL jacket may fit you as well, when you only really need a Large. If you just want to throw something on, and don't care how it looks or fits, go ahead. I am just telling you what fits RIGHT :01:
Yeah I here ya. I will look into a 9.5" to replace them when I replace them in a few years.

·
Registered
823 Posts
www.tires-easy.com (biggest tire dealer in Europe) has the Goodyear Eagle RS-As in the 245-45-20 size. If you need all-season (I kind of think you would in Swiss).

If you can get away with summer tires, they also stock the Goodyear F1s so you can stagger 245F, 255R.

G

·
I would try and stay clear of the Goodyear Eagle RS-A. It is one of the worst rated tires available in that size. I suggest looking at the Toyo Proxes 4.

teahead said:
www.tires-easy.com (biggest tire dealer in Europe) has the Goodyear Eagle RS-As in the 245-45-20 size. If you need all-season (I kind of think you would in Swiss).

If you can get away with summer tires, they also stock the Goodyear F1s so you can stagger 245F, 255R.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I would try and stay clear of the Goodyear Eagle RS-A. It is one of the worst rated tires available in that size. I suggest looking at the Toyo Proxes 4.

I concur, but it maybe a toughie to get those in Switzerland.:sigh:

G

·
Yeah might be tough to get them there, don't know. But there are plenty of online tire/wheel shops that ship internationally.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts