Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running 275/40/20s with a 1.6" drop. Planning to lower the car this weekend, but worried that tires might be too big.

scarface

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It's like they say in the Army's 82nd Airborne Division,

"Last to know, first to go"

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no luck

I went to three different shops in N. California, we crunched the numbers together comparing the stock wheels to the 275/40/20 in ride diameters. All results came back the same, NOT SUGGESTED. Not only will it rub, and because of the extra wheel travel with the bigger tires, my gas milage and speedodometer is off. Now I don't care about losing a couple of gas milage and the speedometer being off, but I can't live with my tires rubbing everytime I make a turn or carrying a full load. Now if this was LA, I know those custom shops can modify the inner wheel arch to fit, but I am no where near LA. Only choice is getting 255/40/20 tires. Once it's done, I'll post some pics with my near rims too.

Scarface

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
scarface said:
I went to three different shops in N. California, we crunched the numbers together comparing the stock wheels to the 275/40/20 in ride diameters. All results came back the same, NOT SUGGESTED. Not only will it rub, and because of the extra wheel travel with the bigger tires, my gas milage and speedodometer is off. Now I don't care about losing a couple of gas milage and the speedometer being off, but I can't live with my tires rubbing everytime I make a turn or carrying a full load. Now if this was LA, I know those custom shops can modify the inner wheel arch to fit, but I am no where near LA. Only choice is getting 255/40/20 tires. Once it's done, I'll post some pics with my near rims too.

Scarface
HOLD UP. 275/40/20 do work if you get the right width of tire 8.5, and the proper offset 18mm. Goto the search engine at the top of the page and put in "wheels" goto the page that reads 275/40ZR/20. There should be a Jade 300 with the pics. I emailed him and he has not had any problems in all the time he has had them. There are multiple pages I found the thread on page 3. The author is 300clove.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
scarface said:
I went to three different shops in N. California, we crunched the numbers together comparing the stock wheels to the 275/40/20 in ride diameters. All results came back the same, NOT SUGGESTED.
Yes, that is a very wide tire especially for the front and the shop may not want to suggest such a wide fitment worried about a customer "come-back" if their is a problem. I may not work with the wheels that those particular shops carry. It depends on the rim width and the offset.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts