Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running 275/40/20s all the way around? I tryed using the search feature to find more info, but was unsuccessful. If you are running 275/40/20s all the way around, do you have any rubbing issues, how wide is your wheel, and what offset?

Last (of course) -- Can you post some pics?

Thanks in advance!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,621 Posts
mikew2069 said:
Is anyone running 275/40/20s all the way around? I tryed using the search feature to find more info, but was unsuccessful. If you are running 275/40/20s all the way around, do you have any rubbing issues, how wide is your wheel, and what offset?

Last (of course) -- Can you post some pics?

Thanks in advance!!!
The Autowest Dodge/Chrysler dealer in Fremont California sells a bunch of new 300's and Magnums with 275/40/20's all around, on Panther rims.
They look real nice. One sales guy let me drive one around (even though I already own a C) to see how the ride was. Felt real solid and smooth.

The original 300c concept car was on 275/40/20's.
Not sure what the offset is.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the good info. . . . .If that's the case, I don't see why the big discussion for people wanting to go with 20s. You get the best of all worlds w/ this size. It's wide, it's close to the OEM circumfrance, and it fits!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
I have 275/40/20's all around on 20x9 rims.. the look is great but I had to put 4mil spacers on the front because the jerky wheel company I bought my wheels from sucks! I don't know what the offset is but with the proper offset (you'll have to have a reputable shop measure for you so there are no issues) you should have no problems. the ride is really smooth & the car feels very solidly planted on the road (even better now that I put on the K&W coil overs!). Click the link in my sig. for pics of the rims & tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn Pixel, your ride is sick. I'm definitely going to have to go with the 20s after 11 months of debate. I will also have to jock you on the black mesh grill. Very good taste.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
mikew2069 said:
Damn Pixel, your ride is sick. I'm definitely going to have to go with the 20s after 11 months of debate. I will also have to jock you on the black mesh grill. Very good taste.
Mike 275/40/20 8.5 or 9.0 width and an 18-34mm offset will all work. Personally I run the 8.5width and 18mm offset, here is a pic of the combo compared with stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GEN XER said:
Mike 275/40/20 8.5 or 9.0 width and an 18-34mm offset will all work. Personally I run the 8.5width and 18mm offset, here is a pic of the combo compared with stock.
Thanks GEN XER! I was thinking of going with the TIS 01s or 07s. How do you like the overall quality of the TIS wheels? Are you running the Pirellis? Last, is your C dropped at all?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
mikew2069 said:
Thanks GEN XER! I was thinking of going with the TIS 01s or 07s. How do you like the overall quality of the TIS wheels? Are you running the Pirellis? Last, is your C dropped at all?

I love the TIS wheels. I am running the Hankook Ventus ST RH06 wheel. This wheel is very smooth and quiet as advertised at www.hankooktiresusa.com. These wheels can handle 2094 pounds each at 50 PSI. I run them at 40 PSI anything less is too low for these tires IMO. I have not and probably will not drop my C until a shock and spring combo comes along that can handle the the weight of this vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GEN XER said:
I love the TIS wheels. I am running the Hankook Ventus ST RH06 wheel. This wheel is very smooth and quiet as advertised at www.hankooktiresusa.com. These wheels can handle 2094 pounds each at 50 PSI. I run them at 40 PSI anything less is too low for these tires IMO. I have not and probably will not drop my C until a shock and spring combo comes along that can handle the the weight of this vehicle.
I put the eibach pro-kit on my C about 10 months ago and have recently notices a decrease in ride quality. It feels like I feel more of the little bumps in the road now. Do you think my shocks are going out? And if so, do they make a performance shock to replace the OEMs?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
mikew2069 said:
I put the eibach pro-kit on my C about 10 months ago and have recently notices a decrease in ride quality. It feels like I feel more of the little bumps in the road now. Do you think my shocks are going out? And if so, do they make a performance shock to replace the OEMs?
Unfortunately for all those who got the Eibach springs this is a delima, because Eibach did not make a shock to go with the lowered spring. The lowered spring requires a shock with improved dampening capabilities which our stokers do not have, so they wear out faster than they would with the OEM springs. There is a company named Hotchkis that may have gotten it right see HEMEE on this sight for more details. No aftermarket company has come up with an improved shock for OEM height that I know of. Everything out there requires lowering the vehicle, hopefully some of these aftermarkets will address the shock issue at OEM height. Until then we who sit at OEM height will have to make do with the factory set-up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
mikew2069 said:
Damn Pixel, your ride is sick. I'm definitely going to have to go with the 20s after 11 months of debate. I will also have to jock you on the black mesh grill. Very good taste.
Glad I could help hahah just don't drive around my neck of the woods with your grille! I'm still the only one I've seen in these parts ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PixelPusher said:
Glad I could help hahah just don't drive around my neck of the woods with your grille! I'm still the only one I've seen in these parts ;)
Pixel,

I noticed while looking at your pics that you have a kw coilover box in your trunk.....Do those take the place of the Eibach prokit or are they added in addition to the prokit? My ride quality has decreased dramatically lately and I think it's my shocks. Would the coilovers help I wonder?

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
mikew2069 said:
Pixel,

I noticed while looking at your pics that you have a kw coilover box in your trunk.....Do those take the place of the Eibach prokit or are they added in addition to the prokit? My ride quality has decreased dramatically lately and I think it's my shocks. Would the coilovers help I wonder?

Mike
they are a complete replacement for the shock/strut & springs. The ride is worlds apart, soooo much better than just running the eibach springs & stock shock/strut. FatChance has them on his ride as well and we had a chance to talk about themat the So.Cal. meet and both agreed the improvement was totally worth the cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Whats the cost? Also, how much does it drop the car compared to the 1.6" front and back of the prokit? Is there a specific part number I should look for?

Thanks again

.......OK, just went to KWs website. Man, those things are expensive!!! Whats the difference b/t Variant 1 and Variant 2? And can you not just buy aftermarket performance shocks to improve the Eibach's deteriorated ride quality? Gen Xer mentioned Hotckins. Do you know about these?

........well what do you know. I do a little more reading and I answer myself! So I now know the difference b/t the variant 1 and 2. Which do you have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PixelPusher said:
I have the variant 2 which is adjustable. I bough them from Hennessey (a forum sponsor) but am waiting on the shop I got them installed at to get the special spanner wrench from K&W (the box was pretty thrashed when it arrived & it must have fallen out).
So you think the ride quality is worth 1500 plus about 200 for installation compared to the eibachs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
mikew2069 said:
So you think the ride quality is worth 1500 plus about 200 for installation compared to the eibachs?
"worth it" is very subjective ;) but I am totally satisfied with my puchase (aside from the missing spanner wrench) and the car handles MUCH better than the eibach/stock setup. no more roller coaster drops speeding over expansion joints on the highway, the car just squats and holds the road, corners nice & tight etc.

(HEMEE if you see this can you consolidate these last couple of posts over to FatChance's new KW thread ? )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PixelPusher said:
"worth it" is very subjective ;) but I am totally satisfied with my puchase (aside from the missing spanner wrench) and the car handles MUCH better than the eibach/stock setup. no more roller coaster drops speeding over expansion joints on the highway, the car just squats and holds the road, corners nice & tight etc.

(HEMEE if you see this can you consolidate these last couple of posts over to FatChance's new KW thread ? )
I wish I could just find some sort of performance shock to fix my eibachs since I've already spent the loot on those, but I'm thinking I might spring for the KWs. Too many decesions....But thanks for all of your help and input Pixel :fing02:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top