Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went with a staggered setup, and 20 x 10 tsw carltons on the rears. TSW sais i could use 295's on the back...but they are rubbing. any suggestions? smaller tire size? where is the 20 inch sizing sticky? search did me no good....google does nothing for me...please help! :)

·
Banned
88 Posts
The closest 20" Tire size to stock is a 245/45R20 with a height of 28.68 (stock height is 28.62) and fits a 7.5"-9" wide wheel.
But for your 20x10" I would definetly chosen the 275/40R20.

Ryan
1010Tires.com
Sales & Tech

·
Registered
279 Posts
the 295/40 is an awfully wide tire, tall too. If they told you that tire would fit I would be calling them up right now. They should have known that tire would not fit without modification.

·
Registered
21 Posts
eudaman said:
i went with a staggered setup, and 20 x 10 tsw carltons on the rears. TSW sais i could use 295's on the back...but they are rubbing. any suggestions? smaller tire size? where is the 20 inch sizing sticky? search did me no good....google does nothing for me...please help! :)
Where do they rub???

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Hennessey's personal MSRT is running a 20x10.5 with a 6.5" backspacing. He is running the BF Goodies 295/40/20. Very, very tight fit, but no rub.

I am going with the same staggered set up as Johns MSRT. I am going with bonspeeds, and they are only making there rear wheels in a 10" wide. So Bill at Bonspeed is using Hennessey's back spacings. I will let you know how it all comes out. Keep your fingers crossed.

BTW, 295 is not that wide of a tire. It might be considered wide for our LX size, but 315, 335 those are big tires.

255 to a 275 is not a huge jump up. Just like 275 to 295 is either. Just noticeable enough to give you the staggered look. 255/275 (beefy) or a 275/295 (beefier). Where's the Beef.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Is your car still stock height and is it rubbing on the inside lower black plastic wheel well area. If so, then that area can be easily trimmed, as my Chrysler dealer has done so on few of the cars on which they've installed aftermarket (wider) tires/wheels. :wink1:

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
Is your car still stock height and is it rubbing on the inside lower black plastic wheel well area. If so, then that area can be easily trimmed, as my Chrysler dealer has done so on few of the cars on which they've installed aftermarket (wider) tires/wheels. :wink1:

Way to go Mr. DJ. Where there is a will there is a way, Mr. DJ,lol. A little fab here, a little fab there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a set of nitto drag 305/45/18's on the way, they will be mounted on borbet TS rims, I guess i will find out if they rub by tuesday night...The tires measure out 12" wide...They are the only drag radial I could find that have the same hieght as the stock 20"s on the srt8

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I got the 305's on the car (rear only), The tires do not rub anywhere...I think I could have used a 17" rim instead of the 18" borbets, There is lots of clearance left to the caliper with the 18".

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have Perilli's on my Magnum 295 40 20's and I am lowered with Hotchkis springs. I had a rub issue when I had a load in the car ( old tires + misc extra equipment )

I shoe polished the top edges of the tire to see if i got any rub on normal driving and so far none.

Here are some shots :

There where I had rub with about 300# of stuff in the back. So far no more rub. I check daily.

-Robert

·
Registered
476 Posts
[QUOTE='05srt-8]Well, I got the 305's on the car (rear only), The tires do not rub anywhere...I think I could have used a 17" rim instead of the 18" borbets, There is lots of clearance left to the caliper with the 18".[/QUOTE]
Any issues with launching so far with the 18" rims and tires? Any PCM takeovers into Limp mode? Thanks for any clarification.

·
Registered
21 Posts
XCITsNU said:
Any issues with launching so far with the 18" rims and tires? Any PCM takeovers into Limp mode? Thanks for any clarification.

When I installed the 18's on the back i removed fuse 17 to get rid of the stability/traction control..I did not have any problems launching the car, The tires hooked much better, In my opinion they were well worth the money....At least for me. When the day was over i reinstalled fuse 17...All the lights turned off...Since the tires i installed are the same height as the factory 20's..The PCM did not fault or throw any codes...:01:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts