Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Got the 7440 27SMD lights in and they work perfect!

(If you're getting these for your license plate lights, follow instructions that are posted on 1st page for fitment and install)
If you buy the T10/194 bulb from AAC/Oracle you can trim the bases to get them to fit in the license plate lights.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yup. Doing that now as we speak lol. Just wish I had a sharper tool... using my multi tool that's very possible the same one I used overseas haha

Oh yeah I just got these in the mail today lol.. misread the posts when I ordered them I guess :/

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
I am also curious if there is a guide for changing licence plate bulbs or pictures? Im not sure how to do it really.
Easy to do. I run a license plate frame on my rear plate so I find it is easier for the license plate lights to pull through the openings in the rear bumper with the plate frame and rear plate removed first.

You will need a Phillips head screw driver.

There are 2 screws for each license plate light. Remove the screws.

This is the tricky part you have to move the clear license plate box to just the right angle to pull free from the opening in the rear bumper.

Once the reverse box is pulled free twist the light bulb harness free from the reverse box and install new bulb.

Make sure you test the lights first before reinstalling the license plate boxes back in there place. Turn on your parking light if the bulb does not light up pull it out and spin the bulb around 180 degrees and reinstall the bulb should fire up.

Reinstall the license plate boxes and screw in the screws you are done.

Reactions: Emir

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yup, shaved them down pretty far and got em in. They look good :) now just to find a good deal on the front turn signals

·
Registered
243 Posts
Easy to do. I run a license plate frame on my rear plate so I find it is easier for the license plate lights to pull through the openings in the rear bumper with the plate frame and rear plate removed first.

You will need a Phillips head screw driver.

There are 2 screws for each license plate light. Remove the screws.

This is the tricky part you have to move the clear license plate box to just the right angle to pull free from the opening in the rear bumper.

Once the reverse box is pulled free twist the light bulb harness free from the reverse box and install new bulb.

Make sure you test the lights first before reinstalling the license plate boxes back in there place. Turn on your parking light if the bulb does not light up pull it out and spin the bulb around 180 degrees and reinstall the bulb should fire up.

Reinstall the license plate boxes and screw in the screws you are done.
Thanks a lot,I will give it a try next month, looks like Canadian Amazon doesn't have any bulbs for me.

I found it on Diode Dynamics which is 100% fit so I will go with that one I guess.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with these LED lights for the 2013 300C 5.7L ??

I've had these in for a few months now, Didn't think I was having any issues at all for a while until recently some things started acting up..

For the Reverse Lights I used the 7440 27SMD

For the Plate Lights I used the 194 5-SMD (5050) (The ones you have to shave down the plastic part to fit)

Recently with the addtion of a few more power pulling mods (Oracle colorshift halos and Accuair Air suspension management) I've started seeing a few things that aren't right. One side of my brake lights stopped working, although the turn signal would still work (same lights?) My power seats and Power Adjusting Steering wheel had stopped working as well. I've then taken the car off the battery, taken the air management off the battery (no power/ground at all 100% disconnected) and then re connected the car to the battery. Both brake lights had started working again, although the next morning only one was working. It was the opposite side than what was before. So now the other side isn't lighting up with brakes. Also, when I hit the unlock button, only the one side flashes. I've also noticed that when I hit unlock again (when the more dim lights are on along with the plate lights) the Plate lights (LEDs) and the side that didnt light up with brake, would flicker a little at the time the light was supposed to flash.

It's kind of hard to explain, but I hope someone can understand. I've disconnected the Air Management and turned off the Oracle Colorshift halos and the lights still are messing up. Could this be from the LEDs that I've mentioned before that I installed? These are the only things I haven't changed back to stock to help with a process of elimination. I'd also have to find my stock bulbs haha.. Just hoping I could get some feedback here. I really really love the LED light look over the stock bulbs though.

Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
I Shouldn't have to use Load Resistors with the LED replacements for the plate and reverse should I ???

I'm going to place resistors on these 4 lights and see if that fixes my lighting issue...

Surprised no one has commented yet on my previous post for these LEDs .. I'd figure someone should now something about it..

·
Registered
310 Posts
I Shouldn't have to use Load Resistors with the LED replacements for the plate and reverse should I ???

I'm going to place resistors on these 4 lights and see if that fixes my lighting issue...

Surprised no one has commented yet on my previous post for these LEDs .. I'd figure someone should now something about it..
Did you ever figure out your problem? Was it the LED's?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Oh yeah. Hmm old thread lol.. it was something else that was causing my issues. Nothing to do with the LEDs

·
Registered
46 Posts
I recently completed my LED upgrade. Everything has been working fine for the past week or so...

I usually use the remote start feature to start my car. Yesterday, I fired her up and as I was approaching the car, I noticed one of my license plate Leds flickering. Anyone have any insight on this?

I'm hoping it was just a fluke. I hate messing with stuff on the car because of potential problems arising. I really don't have the time or patience for this kind of stuff...

Based on my research these lights shouldn't need and special anti flickering devices or anything. Maybe the bulb is just a little loose. I don't know. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
689 Posts
Does it flicker 'EVERYTIME' you use the autostart? or was it just that one time?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I recently completed my LED upgrade. Everything has been working fine for the past week or so...

I usually use the remote start feature to start my car. Yesterday, I fired her up and as I was approaching the car, I noticed one of my license plate Leds flickering. Anyone have any insight on this?

I'm hoping it was just a fluke. I hate messing with stuff on the car because of potential problems arising. I really don't have the time or patience for this kind of stuff...

Based on my research these lights shouldn't need and special anti flickering devices or anything. Maybe the bulb is just a little loose. I don't know. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Happened to me when I changed them, one of them was just loose. I had to open it up again and play with it. that fixed the problem

·
Registered
310 Posts
Did my plate and reverse lights today. Easy Smeasy once you got the hang of it.

Had one of my 194 lights when off still have 1 led lit at like 25%, what's up with that? I bought a pack of 10, so I changed it out and the new one is fine.

I know there's probably a reason it does it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
help with turn signal bulbs

The bulb on the left is stock, the bulb on the right I ordered here

CREE LED 50W 12086 5202 H16 9009 PS24W Orange Amber Two Bulb Light JDM Color | eBay

I already shaved the three tabs off like stated earlier in this thread. The problem I’m having is I can’t get these eBay bulbs to clip into the housing. If I try to clip the stock bulbs back in for just a test fit they go in perfectly. But I can’t get the eBay bulbs to clip in securely. Are the replacement bulbs I have too long? Does anyone know where I can order LED bulbs that meet the criteria stated earlier in the thread that will fit in the headlight housing like the stock bulbs do. FYI 2012 Chrysler 300 srt8

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
The bulb on the left is stock, the bulb on the right I ordered here

I already shaved the three tabs off like stated earlier in this thread. The problem I’m having is I can’t get these eBay bulbs to clip into the housing. If I try to clip the stock bulbs back in for just a test fit they go in perfectly. But I can’t get the eBay bulbs to clip in securely. Are the replacement bulbs I have too long? Does anyone know where I can order LED bulbs that meet the criteria stated earlier in the thread that will fit in the headlight housing like the stock bulbs do. FYI 2012 Chrysler 300 srt8
Did you ever get these to fit or find ones that work? The Aliexpress.com ones that were linked earlier in this thread (years ago) aren't available any more.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi all,
I'm still trying to find these Cree turn LED's as mentioned early in this thread. Anyone have any luck?
Also, brake Light LED's... Any recommendations? (2013 SRT8)

Duane

61 - 80 of 88 Posts