Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
first of all im sorry because i don't know english very well

I few months ago i figure out how to install another maps to Uconnect system and explain this an arabic forum, but yesterday i was trying to find a soluiotion to radio frequency and i notice some people asking about same maps issue that i had, so i decide to post what i did in english "or something like that :dead1:

" I did this on my car it's 300SRT8 2012 imported from US "

lets start:

- download current car map ( In my situation its an american map )
this torrent link for example
kickass.to/garmin-city-navigator-north-america-nt-2013-40-unlocked-t7404600.html

- download a map that you want to add to your car (In my situation its Saudi Arabia map)

- download this app: mediafire.com/download/jn1tgcbiyhy/EzGMap102.zip]EzGMap102
this app is to do maps combination
the Uconnect system accept only current map file
so we combine the maps we want, inside the current map file (In my situation its Saudi Arabia map inside America map file)

im72.gulfup.com/2MUOHL.jpg

1. here we chose the current map we download (only the main file that has biggest size) - ( In my situation its an american map )
2. press (Add Maps) and chose the map that you want to add (only the main file that has biggest size) -(In my situation its Saudi Arabia map)
3. press (Create New Map) then you will see two windows , chose (yes) in the first one, and (No) in the second one.
this process will take long time.
when combination finish go back to the folder that has the current map (In my situation its an american map)
you will see two files one of them end with (.bak) and the other one (.img)
the (.img) is the one we want, and you will notice that it has bigger size because its 2 maps in 1

create folder and name it (Garmin)
now we organise the files:

Garmin >
- gmapprom.img (this is the map file tha we create and if its name is gmapsupp.img re-name it to gmapprom.img
- gmap3d.img
- G2S
- JVC
(Last 3 files you will find them with the map you want to add not the current map file- In my situation its Saudi Arabia map files)

now we need flash memory
firs we format the flash memory and chose (FAT32) files system

now copy the Garmin folder to the flash and plug it in your car
a message will appears that there is an available update
accept the update , now your unit ID will appear , save it
r35.imgup . net/IMG_246794c9.JPG

Now download this App
mega.co.nz/#!SR1WGTBC!TCCbz3oODN2TaDrd2FWpU1N0eBsYfgYd7oGzr67Pafg

postimg.org/image/btwes71qx/

1. inter your unit ID
2. chose (custom mapset)
3. in this blank put your current map ID then press OK ( In my situation its an american map )
this is some maps versions ID (you can find it online)
im72.gulfup.com/iU2QMn.jpg

4. press (Generate) and you will see a long code contain letters and numbers , save it and inter it in your car screen
then it will start installing
after installing finish you an error message will appear ignore it
and you will see the new maps installed :arms:

this is my US car and I did install Saudi arabia Maps

im76.gulfup.com/qSDFJ4.jpg

i hope i did this clear
and I'm sorry for my weak language
and you are free to edit to make it clear english

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and please tell me if anyone know how to change Uconnect radio frequency from uneven numbers to even numbers :)

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dears

i have same situation here . i have 2014 chrysler 300C exported from US to Saudi and navgation system need to be updated with saudi map. but i tried all step above and not go through . any one has clear steps and maps with all files ready to be copied into USB .plz help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts