Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Just wanted to give you guys my early review of the Corsa system. I don't have a flash so couldn't get a decent shot of underneath since i'm only using my cell phone. This was installed yesterday & after a day of driving I can say that I am very satisfied. If you have done your research on the system you will have very high expectations.

Install: I don't have a lift so I didn't attempt install myself but it does look fairly easy browsing the install manual c/w color pictures & bolt on installation (no welding). I took mine to the dealer and they installed it for $140 (CAD). The boxes for the Corsa will fit in your 300 with the seats down. The OEM exhaust however does not fit and you will need to decide if you want to keep it or just get the shop to toss it for you. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with mine. Not sure if it will fit the 5.7, does anyone know?

Fit & Look: The tips do stick out a bit at the back but nothing ridiculous and it does add a more of an agressive look to the back end. The average car person will be able to tell it is after market by looking at it. The 4" tips do look great though! If I could suggest anything regarding the exhaust would be to have them professionally polished before installing like jerssrt did shown HERE.
This I did not do, but it looks AMAZING compared to the Corsa exhaust straight out the box which, besides the tips, is dull and dirty in comparison.

Sound: Amazing! I've seen a lot of people on the internet say it was too quiet. I don't agree. Everytime you hit the gas you get a nice deep growl. WOT OMG. The car screams and shifting through the gears you will feel like your are driving a $200,000 car. Coasting, your exhaust is basically silent at any speed you may be going. No drone. Starting the car up sounds sick too, revving it you get this amazing gravel sound. Its MEAN!!! Overall the sound is very clean & really compliments the sound of the 6.1 HEMI.

Performance: The car is noticeably more responsive and quicker. Stepping on it a bit in first gear you would normally hear a brief chirp where now doing the same thing you will burn out for a couple seconds. I couldn't tell you exactly how many HP or torque is gained but it being enough to be noticeable says a lot. The beast can really be unleashed if you'd like it to be, I was reaching speeds faster and easier than before, shifting even feels smoother. Even with all this "testing" going on, my MPG stayed consistent and didn't seem to hurt mileage as much as the stock system would. Will need to "test" more on this later. And by "testing" I mean ripping around & tearing up the streets :fing02:

Let me know if you have any questions. I will write back in here once I have driven with it more.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Congratualtions Konvict!!! I am very glad you seem to LOVE this mod. I must say that your evaluation sums up my thoughts after having my Borla put on. Get out there and tear up the streets!!! Enjoy!! :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
KONVICT. I am happy for you. I am now looking forward to getting mine. I did not want to spend the money yet, as I am looking for a SRT-8 and plan on giving my C to my wife. But, SRT's are hard to come by here in AL. I thought about hand polishing mine prior to install, but they are going to get dirty fast anyway.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Nice write up....SOMEDAY I'll be able to afford getting this done

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about hand polishing mine prior to install, but they are going to get dirty fast anyway.
lol thats true, the polish looks nice but you are right that in the long run it is almost worthless. at least I can tell myself that & feel better about not doing it :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Pix look great!

Having seen these up-close and personal at LX & Beyond this past summer, I am more convinced than ever that my MSRT8 will have either a direct CORSA or the MoPar version (made by Corsa) in about a year and a half.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts