Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Gang,

I know it's been a while since my last update. Last month I had to have the A/C controller unit replaced due to blown out bulbs. (I wasn't too happy about replacing the entire unit because some 'brilliant' designer wanted to have the bulbs soldered onto the circuit board, rendering the whole unit to be replaced instead of just replacing the burned out bulb!)(Way to go Chrysler!:thumbsdow: Cost me about $150 all said and done, but at least everything is looking good now.

Also just had the 36K mile checkup done and everything looks good there. I found out that I need to have the 'bumper sag' TSB done as well. (Goes in 8/25 for that-first thing in the AM).

Don't get me wrong here, I still love the car, just as I always have, But I'm just particular, I guess!

I'll keep everyone updated as things progress~

Sincerely,

BTC

·
Registered
974 Posts
wow, if I remember correctly, you bought your car about the same time as I did. Man that seems like ages ago! it is great to see that almost everything has gone well in the last few years for you. Glad to see you still around

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I found out that I need to have the 'bumper sag' TSB done as well. (Goes in 8/25 for that-first thing in the AM).
Brian, refer to post #10 in this thread: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ts...cia-fit-23-052-05-a.html?highlight=bumper+sag and you can easily fix the sagging bumper your self. You will not be happy with the results of the dealer's 'fix' as per the TSB, but the method in the above thread works like a charm. It took me less than 1 hour including the trip to the hardware store.

Glad you still love your car! I love mine but don't drive it much. Since March 2005 she's got a whopping 11,600 miles on her!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bumper Sag

I did the homeade fix (aluminum angle) over a year ago, but didn't add the rubber bumpers. Results are excellent.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just did the aluminum angle fix with the bumpers and it worked great. I think everyone with an 05 will need to do this fix. Dont bother with the dealer, this is definately a much better fix solution!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts