Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys have done any mods to your 3.6L V6, i.e exhaust, intake and tunes. Trying to find out what i can do and where to source bits and pieces from in Oz if possible.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Welcome on board. I don't know about getting anything done locally, but maybe check out the main forum areas to see what is available in the US, that would be a good starting point to at least know what might be available. The problem is that the US guys still have the option of the 5.7 Hemi, so not a lot of call for modding the V6.

If it was me, I would focus on the cosmetic stuff and just enjoy the V6 for what it is.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Just wondering if any of you guys have done any mods to your 3.6L V6, i.e exhaust, intake and tunes. Trying to find out what i can do and where to source bits and pieces from in Oz if possible.

Cheers.
I know that this is a bit late, but Gordy had the best ever V6 I have seen, with heaps of modification. Unfortunately he suddenly passed away, but see if you can do a search on his previous posts,and also Click Here

Kel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have found a ported intake manifold and throttle body along with cai and catback exhaust, all of which can (apparently) be installed without needing tuning.
Haven't really found anything in relation to tuning though. More so really wanted to know if anyone else has modded theirs and what they did and gained etc.
I should mention that the parts i have found are all from the US, can't find anyone that stocks the parts locally.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have found a ported intake manifold and throttle body along with cai and catback exhaust, all of which can (apparently) be installed without needing tuning.
Haven't really found anything in relation to tuning though. More so really wanted to know if anyone else has modded theirs and what they did and gained etc.
I should mention that the parts i have found are all from the US, can't find anyone that stocks the parts locally.
Iam not sure if you have the older style V6 or the New one?
I had the older 2008 V8 and all I did was a cat back duel exhaust from Hi Tech in Sydney it was around the $1,800.00 mark for a stainless steel exhaust. That model is basically a Merc engine so what ever you can do with the V6 Merc you should be able to do the same to your 300c. As for extra power i did not worry about it as the car was a V6 so I enjoyed it for what it was and loved the looks and ride. Since then I have slowly upgraded to a 2010 5.7 ltr. and now the new 2013 SRT8 6.4 ltr. and love it.
Cheers
Geoff

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
From his profile it looks like it is the new one. They already have a significant power upgrade over the old engines and the 8 speed auto livens them up too. The old ones were 9+ seconds for 0-100, the new ones are much quicker so probably less gains to be had and they already have the dual exhaust. A bolt on centrifugal blower would be a great upgrade though.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
From his profile it looks like it is the new one. They already have a significant power upgrade over the old engines and the 8 speed auto livens them up too. The old ones were 9+ seconds for 0-100, the new ones are much quicker so probably less gains to be had and they already have the dual exhaust. A bolt on centrifugal blower would be a great upgrade though.
LOL I should have looked at the profile lol your correct and now I understand about the exhaust etc. Too be honest if you go chasing more power from the V6 it may have been better buying a V8 in the first place. Main reason being that you don't have to add a supercharger that is illegal etc. Insurance issues of mods. and you have the fantastic power of the 6.4 Hemi. The draw back been the cost of the Hemi against the V6.
Cheers
Geoff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at the SRT8, it was tempting, power wise especially as my previous car was an FG XR6T. The reason I only went the 6 is because i got an awesome deal on the V6 luxury for a tad under 50k on road. I'm not after huge gains just want to try and get a bit more out of it.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Note too sure what model he's got, pity that he hasn't acknowledged some research that has been done for him. Gen Y I guess :shysmile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts