Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
300 CRD 2007
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car 3 Days now it won’t start - lights come on but red immobiliser light stays on RAC checked battery starter etc no faults reporting on his reader. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,501 Posts
What specifically is happening? Does the car turn over but not start?

When you say "Had the car 3 Days now" do you mean you've only just bought it?

·
Registered
300 CRD 2007
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What specifically is happening? Does the car turn over but not start?

When you say "Had the car 3 Days now" do you mean you've only just bought it?
Hi,

I have only just bought the car. I turn the key and nothing happens, no crank etc. Sometimes there is a clicking sound, it a brand new battery and was tested by the RAC. It’s like the immobiliser is stuck on.

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,734 Posts
Do the instrument panel lamps come on? If so, the exciter wire for the starter solenoid may be detached and/or its terminal corroded. This is a common problem.

·
Registered
300 CRD 2007
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do the instrument panel lamps come on? If so, the exciter wire for the starter solenoid may be detached and/or its terminal corroded. This is a common problem.
Yes the lights are on, glow plug goes out and click... I’ll pass this to the garage. Sadly the main dealer here no longer do Chrysler

·
Registered
300 CRD 2007
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes the lights are on, glow plug goes out and click... I’ll pass this to the garage. Sadly the main dealer here no longer do Chrysler
Thanks for you advice on this, I hope it’s just this simple, I’ll keep you posted
he’s tried the wire and it still not starting. He has bypassed the relay to crank it over but won’t start

·
Registered
300 CRD 2007
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

when you turn the key you get nothing. I parked up at work in the morning, went to go home in the evening and nothing... just a small click sound. Battery checked all good so that was not the issue

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,734 Posts
If the exciter wire wasn't energised, then it could be a faulty ignition switch. I haven't heard of this problem before in a 300C, but it is quite common in Audis (I have one).

There are lots of diagnostic fault codes associated with ignition problems, but you need a sophisticated scanning tool to detect them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the exciter wire wasn't energised, then it could be a faulty ignition switch. I haven't heard of this problem before in a 300C, but it is quite common in Audis (I have one).

There are lots of diagnostic fault codes associated with ignition problems, but you need a sophisticated scanning tool to detect them.
Brake switch?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts