Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
My 07 300C needs new rotors at 10K. Has this happened to anyone eles?

Most people actually, I went thru a set at 10k, then another at 20k, I'm just about to change my whole brake set up so I'm going to go with Brembo grooved.

The guy at the Chrysler dealership said the std one are crap and they will just keep replacing them under warranty, if you don't want to bother keep getting them replaced buy some decent replacements from Brembo or R1

Mark

·
Registered
345 Posts
It happened to at least ten guys that own lx's which I know of. I think the warranty on the rotors are 11k miles. You'll still need to change them later on. I changed to the slotted. 1k miles on the slotted.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
My 07 300C needs new rotors at 10K. Has this happened to anyone eles?
Why? Certainly not because they've reached minimum thickness already. Are you (or your dealer) just assuming you need new rotors because you've got an issue with brake judder?

The front rotors were 28mm thick when new and should be discarded at 26.4mm. I'm guessing, after only 10,000 miles, that your rotors have not worn down this much.

If you have a judder issue, have you tried fixing it by bedding the brakes? See: Instructions for bedding in your brakes. It usually cures most judder problems and, apart from the cost of gas, it's free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts