Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over 4000 cars produced this week.
Over 37,000 cars have been produced so far.

Not sure if Chrusler had palnned on producing this many cars.

Hope we don't see a lot of them in the rental fleets.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
It also looks like they are selling more Hemis than anticipated. Maybe less people want the V6 than expected. The wait for a Hemi order is now said/rumored to be up to 12 months. Wow!

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is one of my greatest fears. Chrysler finally producing a world class car and having it whored out to car rental fleets. Or even worse, the 300 becoming the next Police mobile. :eek:

IMO this car should sell exceptionally well and it would be a dang shame to have it whored out. Now I have no quarrels or qualms with car being around every corner, as long as its to the general public.

·
Registered
254 Posts
MOMO said:
This is one of my greatest fears. Chrysler finally producing a world class car and having it whored out to car rental fleets. Or even worse, the 300 becoming the next Police mobile. :eek:

IMO this car should sell exceptionally well and it would be a dang shame to have it whored out. Now I have no quarrels or qualms with car being around every corner, as long as its to the general public.

If they do whore it out it will most likely just be the cheapo version, I doubt a rental company will use the hemi..

So here's my suggestion.... Build as many 6 bangers as they want, but limit production of Hemi's to a certain number a year. That will help out those of us who actually want to collect this car.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I have been to many dealers. I have looked at many dealers inventories online and I check dealers incoming inventory on VINVision and it appears that more 300C are shipping than V6's. The factory exploded with 300C orders and it looks like there may be more 300C on the road than the V6's than initially planned.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I was just talking to my wife about the police and fleet thing. I got rid of a Crown Vic for this car...It is still a good cop car with the cheap and strong live axle, body on frame design. Cheaper to operate and fix in a large fleet. I bet Ford starts Dumping the 300+ hp 4.6 litre in the cop car version to counter the threat. Too little too late?

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Over 4000 cars produced this week.
Over 37,000 cars have been produced so far.

Not sure if Chrusler had palnned on producing this many cars.

Hope we don't see a lot of them in the rental fleets.
What's the latest count b4z??? You were put in charge of this ya know, so don't let us down. We're all counting on you!!!

Hey and what's with Chrusler? Did Did Chrysler buy out Orange Crush? I know spandex was invented by accident when some scientist accidently mixed Windex with Spic and Span. The stuff grew into sheets of the stuff and it was the best thing since sliced bread at the time.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Well, I may have been a little hasty on the Spandex thing. Seems as though that was yet another urban legend. After a great deal of research, this is how it really happened...

Morely Handowacker, a very large and overweight Canadian by coincidence, was a part time night janitor, employed in a large multi-national company "somewhere" in Ontario. His nick name was Mississippi Fat Back Morley. His nightly chores included washing the walls & windows in the lobby. Yes, he did walls! He was a little strange, preferring to work butt naked. It was cooler he said.

Seeing as it was around 2AM and being a little tired after working long hours at his other job, a bicycle spoke tightener, he inadvertly dropped the Windex bottle into the bucket containing the Spic and Span solution.

Within seconds there was a lot of chemical reaction going on which spilled onto the floor. Morely, in all the excitment slipped on the stuff which instantly covered him from head to toe. He screamed, thinking he was going to die, ran out of the building, jumped on his bike and rode home as quick as he could.

When he got home, to his amasement, he hadn't died at all, but was covered with a tight fitting fabric that felt really comfortable and cool. Then he thought about the trip home and how he seemed to cut the wind so much better. Then he looked at his butt. It was as if he had nothing on at all being as it was so form fitting. Those cute dimples looked damned good to him.

Morely realized instantly he had come on to something of extreme importance here. The rest is history. Morely soon retired, but no one knows where he lives. The next guy you see riding a bike, wearing spandex could very well be Morley. Give a shout out to him if you see him in your town. Ya never know, it could he him!!!

That's how it apparently really happened.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Yeah right! LOL

Bernie the researcher...

Next!

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Yeah right! LOL

Bernie the researcher...

Next!
Haha, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!!! I needed to set the record straight. I was once told I would be an anthropologist's dream study. No idea what it meant, but I took it as a compliment, so there...haha.

Did you notice this wasn't even in the proper forum even way back then? No moderation then I guess...haha. I thought I'd bring it around to more aptly fit the "Exterior Visual Modifications" forum at the same time as asking for an update, thanks to Mississippi Fat Back Morley and his form fitting body suit. Pretty clever eh.

Here's more on the story. I guess he eventually found his way to Hollywood and signed a movie deal. That's apparently where the Nutty Professor movie idea came from. They just changed a few things, like a lot. All this from a naked part time janitor from Canada! Who'd a thunk it eh!!! Look what he did for the sport clothing industry too. The guy's a friggin' genius.

I shoiuld write a book just on this guy. Maybe someone would make a documentary about Morley and I could make millions too...hummm...

Bernie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts