Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the title says, it was only a matter of time. Displayed prominently on the street in front of a Las Vegas dealer. Couldn't talk them into a top up shot.

This started life as a 300 Limited, NOT EVEN a hemi. You can see the dealer sticker price, :eek: :eek: $62,254. Interesting that they're charging $995 for a "Billette" grill (must be French) when the grille looks pretty much stock to me.

Any takers?? I think I'll wait for the Brampton edition.

I'm sure they'll sell as many as they can make. Go figure! :rolleyes:

Hopefully, what happens in Vegas . . . stays in Vegas. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Awesome photos - GREAT get!
You'd think they would have converted a 300 C, but maybe the torque was too much for the unibody structure.
Kudos!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Not only did I notice the $995 for the stock grill, but how about the $3999 for twenty inch rims and tires. This is a pefect example of dealer abuse. I saw a 300c here in So. Cal with twenty two's for $7999 the same rims and tires that could be bought for $3100. For the price of the 20's on this car I could get 22"s, lower, tint the windows and but a grill on my car.
I'm sure some one wil pay the price.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Red Alert is some kind of anti-theft system installed by the dealer. I don't think it adds much functionality beyond the factory system. This is added to the sticker on EVERY vehicle on the lot. Just one more creative way to get your money. :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
anyway to get some pics with the top up?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Someone is going to buy this car and love it. Who's to say that they shouldn't? As to pricing of the convertible conversion and accessories, that's just a starting point for negotiations. Everyone always feels that dealers rip people off. The fact of the matter is that if it weren't for service, parts and used cars, most dealers wouldn't even bother with a new car department. You can go online to a wide variety of sites and find out what a dealer paid for the car. Can you do that with diamonds, furs or other high ticket items? There are dealers that may gouge a customer, but the vast majority won't and can't. Too much is riding on those customer satisfaction forms you fill out and mail back to Chrysler. If they don't score high enough the dealers do not earn factory incentives. Also, the awarding of new locations, for example a Dodge dealership are all based on these scores. The public never hears this side of the story because it doesn't sell papers if the dealer is an honest business man that brings jobs to an area, supports the local tax base and is involved in his community. As they say in the news business, "if it bleeds, it leads". Good news doesn't sell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts