Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ding-a-Wing Street

Hee hee hee...BWAHAHAHAHA!

Man, build it and they will come. If that sportwing was a few feet longer on each side, I see a nifty tool for clearing bicyclists off the shoulder. One has to wonder if it comes in a vinyl version to match the vinyl top additions. I do see the advantages to such a "flight of fancy":

1. You've got a convenient snack/lunch table always available

2. Street skiers now have an anchor point to tie off to on the vehicle

3. Instantly vaults the car from "kinda Bentlyish" to the oft longed for "kinda Fiero-ish" status

4. Great meat rack for transporting freshly run over game kills

5. Chicks dig it

6. The perfect compliment to a car equipped with neon undercarriage lighting and laser cut flame decals (a dozen or so manufactuers stickers placed tastefully along the side windows adds a contemporary touch to the ride as well)

7. Angled correctly, can alleviate the right side drifting problem

8. Looks great on the car wash floor!

9. Handy spot to mount JC Whitney (insert tacky product name here)

And the best thing about the sportwing...

10. You'll be the only guy with one

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Tibbs said:
Hee hee hee...BWAHAHAHAHA!

Man, build it and they will come. If that sportwing was a few feet longer on each side, I see a nifty tool for clearing bicyclists off the shoulder. One has to wonder if it comes in a vinyl version to match the vinyl top additions. I do see the advantages to such a "flight of fancy":
1. You've got a convenient snack/lunch table always available
2. Street skiers now have an anchor point to tie off to on the vehicle
3. Instantly vaults the car from "kinda Bentlyish" to the oft longed for "kinda Fiero-ish" status
4. Great meat rack for transporting freshly run over game kills
5. Chicks dig it
6. The perfect compliment to a car equipped with neon undercarriage lighting and laser cut flame decals (a dozen or so manufactuers stickers placed tastefully along the side windows adds a contemporary touch to the ride as well)
7. Angled correctly, can alleviate the right side drifting problem
8. Looks great on the car wash floor!
9. Handy spot to mount JC Whitney (insert tacky product name here)
And the best thing about the sportwing...
10. You'll be the only guy with one
ROFL; I don't like them either.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Spoiler

Thumbs down :eek: to big just my thoughts!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Come on! How else can I turn the back of my C into a 340 horse cheese/meat slicer? You guys should be more open minded! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another thumbs down vote, although I did like the lip spoiler on the concept car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Actually, nobody has ever gone broke underestimating the stupidity of the American people. IN a democracy, we get the government we deserve - and drive with the idiots next door.
Sheesh!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I vote for no rear spoiler too. I prefer the smooth look and quite frankly they are only for decoration anyway.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Flames look great. They just are on the wrong car

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Hemi57 said:
they are only for decoration anyway.
So is paint, detailed grillwork, finished wheels, etc., etc., etc....(all original parts of the car)

not all items need be functional...now the really fun part is that fine line between tasteful and just plain ugly/stupid. That is harder to quantify.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
IndySilverC said:
Amazing, huh?? Actually some time ago on a Maxima forum there was a posting of a black 2000/2001 Maxima with that wing and gross body kit. Thing is, the photo was taken while it was in someones garage so somebody actually bought/liked it.

That wing, on a dark car, is akin to the Batmobiles of recent movies.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Though I must respect anyone whose sense of personal style is strong and resilient enough to drive such an abomination in the public view. That takes cojones... or perhaps drug-induced obliviousness. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts