Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow 300 enthusiasts. I have been lurking on this site for the better part of 2013 and the info on here is incredible, thank you all.

Now my first post: I'm shopping a new 2013 Black 300S with navigation. I cannot have the sunroof (6'7") so my search narrowed quickly.

I have it narrowed down to one with Safetytech OR one with the Luxury Package.

Live in Philly, travel a lot of highway miles for work so the Adaptive CC and Blind Spot seem nice. Steering wheel in the winter is awfully cold though so a heated steering wheel would be pretty clutch, heated/cooled cup holders and adjustable pedals also sound nice (is pedal feature nice since I'm tall or is it meant for shorter people to move them closer)?

The difference in price out the door is about $627 so it's not really about the money. Just curious your personal preference if you had to pick one of the other. Thanks in advance!

***Update 8/21/13***
Just wanted to thank you all for your input. I purchased a 2013 300 S V6, Gloss Black, Nav and Luxury Package last week. I had my hands on one with Nav, Safety & Light packages but it got away. I was willing to take either really.

I've had the car for a week, love almost everything on it. Coming from a 4cyl '09 Ford Fusion this car is a big upgrade. Some issues off the bat:
-Concerned it has an exhaust leak (getting checked out Thursday) keeps making a tick tick tick sound when I start
-Came with a weird paint issue on front corner driver hood, it's hard to take a picture of, very noticeable in certain lights. It looks like the white protective bumper sheet they put on the cars to transport them left a mark on my hood corner? Just a guess.
-Engine seems to be stumbling in low gears with light acceleration - could be me or could be a real issue - I've read about it before on here
- Installing some HID's tonight on the headlights and fogs - excited!!

Thanks again for all your input

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I wound up not getting the 300S but not because I didn't like it. The wife liked the color of the 300C and there wasn't an S in that color.

You mentioned the pedals. I'm certain you'll make use of that. I'm not 6'7 by any stretch, but I thought I'd let you know that they move in both directions, and yes, I initially tried moving the seat back before I actually looked and saw the controls because it felt like they were too close to me. I'm not sure yet whether I'm missing the blind spot monitor or adaptive cruise control, but I'd vote for any package that had the adjustable pedals.

If you drive a lot you may want the blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control, though.

At any rate, you will be extremely happy with your purchase. The 300S is the perfect combination for these cars.

Reactions: Philly300

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great note Cool V, never thought adjustable pedals would be so clutch. Do the heated/cooled cup holders work or are they just kinda cool & gimmicky?

Lol BigIron I know, both would be great, but each car only has one!! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also does anyone else find the rear view mirror obstructive from their line of sight looking outside the front window? It may be a tall thing again, but I had the seat all the way down and back, and it still felt like i was looking around it making sure nothing was in my path about to T-Bone me. I don't know - I guess it's just takes adjusting to?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Funny you should mention that, as I thought the same thing, although once I had the windows tinted and added the strip across the front it doesn't seem to be as noticeable as it first did. I think my mind has adjusted to it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Great note Cool V, never thought adjustable pedals would be so clutch. Do the heated/cooled cup holders work or are they just kinda cool & gimmicky?

Forced into a cataclysmic decision I'd take the safety tec package and trade it in when the right car shows up.

My brother and I both traded less equipped 2013 cars for the "loaded" cars we really wanted this year. It's cheaper to do it right the first time.

Robert

·
Registered
3,692 Posts

Yep. My leg was getting tired, then I realized I was bending my foot back. So I moved the seat back, but still felt the pedals were too close. It's a great feature to fit the car to you.
I move the pedals back, and my wife move them forward. What's great is that the pedal positiion is included in the memory settings.

I've only really used the cup holders for cool beverages, but I can report that your shake will last longer with them in the cool position. The feature actually works. I got the car end of May, so I'll have to wait until the fall to know if the heated part works as well as the cool part.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Also does anyone else find the rear view mirror obstructive from their line of sight looking outside the front window? It may be a tall thing again, but I had the seat all the way down and back, and it still felt like i was looking around it making sure nothing was in my path about to T-Bone me. I don't know - I guess it's just takes adjusting to?
YES! I noticed this in my new 300C and It was definitely the same in my '05 300C. Eventually you get used to it, though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YES! I noticed this in my new 300C and It was definitely the same in my '05 300C. Eventually you get used to it, though.
Get used to what?!?! Accepting the risk of getting t-boned and not see it coming? lol

And you got really thinking hard about this pedal thing - I'm trying to remember when I test drove it if my foot was in the back position the whole time. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Get used to what?!?! Accepting the risk of getting t-boned and not see it coming? lol

And you got really thinking hard about this pedal thing - I'm trying to remember when I test drove it if my foot was in the back position the whole time. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?
Hah! Never got T-boned, but I got used to the mirror.

I'm only 5'11, but when I drove the car off the lot, I was too happy to notice the pedals. I drove for like an hour and me leg got tired, that's when I started noticing. So having the adjustment could make a difference if you drive a lot. I thought it was a gimmick until I actually needed to use it.

I didn't have the the safety tech on my previous 300C, so I don't have any experience on how important the blind spot monitoring or collision warning really is.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have both options but would choose the Luxury over the Safety option. The Adaptive Cruise is very cool but we've done without it for years and in heavy traffic you shouldnt be using cruise anyway. I have always added a small convex mirror to each of my outside mirrors on every car for the past 20 years. It eliminates the blind spot as long as you use them. Most of us, me included turn off all the audible warnings anyhow as they drive you nuts if you're the least bit a capable driver.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have both options but would choose the Luxury over the Safety option. The Adaptive Cruise is very cool but we've done without it for years and in heavy traffic you shouldnt be using cruise anyway. I have always added a small convex mirror to each of my outside mirrors on every car for the past 20 years. It eliminates the blind spot as long as you use them. Most of us, me included turn off all the audible warnings anyhow as they drive you nuts if you're the least bit a capable driver.
Interesting points ....when you say it like that it seems so clear lol. What parts of the luxury package do you like so much?

·
Registered
36 Posts
We got the Luxury package on our 300S. I felt it was a must, as my wife is 4'11. The adjustable pedals and more importantly the memory seats, mirrors, and steering column makes life easier when switching drivers. The added features is just icing on the cake.

Safetytech would have been nice, but at the time I couldn't find a car with both packages, in the color that we wanted.

·
Registered
332 Posts
As per above, the memory seats, mirrors, pedals, 12 way adjustable seats, heated wheel (winter) and a bunch of other stuff meant to spoil me.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had to make this very same choice, went with the safety tech and ended up being very happy. the lux group wasn't worth it imho

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Well after spending about 11 hrs behind the wheel I'd still opt for the lux. Having the pedals in the right place makes for less fatigue. I also made good use of the cup holders. I had no issue with basic cruise control either. I'd still choose the lux package. If you are going to be driving for an extended time it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I chose the Luxury pkg...

I bought a 2012 300 S AWD and it has the luxury package...not missing the adaptive cruise, etc. I figured pedals and other add ons were more important...however, the one item I did not notice that wasn't there was a back up camera. I was too excited to get it off the lot!

Now, I'm sure this is some other package, but I have the uConnect 8.4 with Nav, and I don't see a camera when I put the car in reverse...

Do you have that same package and does your car have a camera?

Trying to figure this one out...

Cheers,

DealMkr

·
Registered
332 Posts
I thought all uConnects had the backup camera. Most dealers order the Luxury with or without the NAV for lot cars but Ive never seen one without the BU camera - not in a 300 anyway and Im pretty sure all S models come standard with. Its usualy the Safety option that is harder to find on a dealer lot around here anyway.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts